2018 Audi A5 sportsback Lease premium plus- Help

Hi,

I have an eye on a 2018 Audi A5 premium plus sportsback. The MSRP is 53k. The dealer is quoting 800+ with 2.5k down. Its obviously not a good deal, however, given the 54% RV and 0.00248 MF, is it possible to get a deal for around 500 with 0 down? I am hoping because it is a 2018 model, the dealer should give me heavy discount. Am i being completely unrealistic with my numbers?

GeorgeCSL has deals with base model 7500 miles for $449 with $0 down + taxes and fees. Might be worth reaching out to him. If you want a $500/month sign and drive & no MSD, it ain’t happening. Especially on a premium plus.

Why don’t you plug those numbers into the calculator to see what happens with 10, 11 and 12% discount before incentives (are there any)?

1 Like

To get to 500 a month, you would need less than 40k adjusted cap cost with that residual and MF.

Without lease support and a 25% discount from dealer, not sure how that’s going to happen on a Premium Plus.

You may want to consider the base Premium trim.

@Maxie

Where are you located?

Thanks for the info guys. I figured it might be difficult to get that price, but gave it a shot as it was a 2018 model. May be dealer wants to off load it. I am located in Seattle.

Honestly… Seattle is a tough market for leasing.

Have you thought about shipping from California or East Coast? You may be able to get a decent deal looking at those markets.

I am looking at a near by state, Oregon, but that’s because I can drive down there. Isn’t it risky buying such a huge commodity remotely without looking at the product? Is there some precautions I can take?

It’s a brand new car under warranty. There is no risk.

Fly to California. Oregon deals won’t be any better.

If you want a deal, forget the hatchback and get an A4. I prefer the hatchback, too, but ultimately I leased an A4 because I wanted a deal and wasn’t willing to pay thousands extra over the lease when the only difference was a hatchback.

If you save 5k over the lease by shopping in other markets and spend 1k in shipping the car (closed carrier) then you’re already ahead 4K.

There is no risk in buying new with warranty. Used cars is a different story.

I see. I am more inclined towards the 2019 330i compared to A4. I feel it is the same story especially because its a redesigned one. The dealers don’t seem to budge more than a couple grand here in Seattle. Could this car also have better deals in California?

This car will definitely have better deals in California. Gotta figure it out and do research. Search the forums, you’ll find deals around here.

Awesome! Thanks. I will do some research and start a new thread for advice when I get some quotes from California dealers.

I was searching for the 2019 330i. The lowest quote I received within Washington state was 600 per month with 825 down on a 49k msrp model. All dealers from California refuse to do business with out state customers. :frowning: is there no scope beyond this quote for this model?

Don’t tell them you’re from out of state.

2019 3 leases will suck for a few months regardless, though.