2018 Audi A4 deal evaulation

Derek,
Good luck! Keep us posted!

Well dealer won’t swap car with dealer here in NJ. I called another dealer who has one in the combo my wife wants and they won’t swap either. Tried to negotiate directly with them and they would only come down 8% off MSRP(selling price of $47,200 on a $51,500 MSRP). I need it to be at $45,600. My search continues. I have one more dealer to try tomorrow.

Derek

Nice thread. Please keep us posted of experience.

So I contacted that others dealer that had the A4 premium plus with black optics package in a 6spd manual. I was going back and forth with them. They gave me a great price to buy but wanted to use msrp for lease. I said I would put a deposit on the car right now to lease it at the selling price discussed ($43,925) prior to the Audi incentives. They were suppose to speak with a manager about it and did not call me back. I called back a couple of hours later, they said they had not heard back from manager. 30 mins later manager calls and says sorry car is sold!. F’in scumbags.

So I called another dealer and took an ok deal def not great, but it is the car my wife wanted. Well second choice it is black, she wanted white. There are barely any 6pds left with black optics package so I took it before it was sold. I have been following them for the past couple of weeks and they are selling out of the manuals everywhere. Deal below.

MSRP 50525
Selling price 45016.56
MF 0.00066 (Marked up from 0.00033) I know I argued with them about it but they would not budge. They said they were all in and I could take it or leave it. They knew it was one of the only ones left in a 500 mile radius) I beleive I left about $20/month on the table.
Incentives - 3040
DAS - $1932.84 tax and first payment (I know Audi is suppose to make 1st months payment and see it in the incentives so I guess it just cancels out?)
Remaining Fees- $1584 doc, title, aquasituon

Thanks for all the help. These cars dont lease well at all. This is a better deal then the Golf R she wanted and the GTI she currently has.

Derek

Yes you are not factoring the fat pensions that need to be funded in NJ!

Well the $499 goes to the dealer not the state and the tax rate 6.625% of the total leased amount including incentives is in line with some other states. Well I guess the 0.4% or whatever it is would contribute.

The pensions are not as fat as you think, except for the politicians. The state would not be in a financial mess it is in if the politicians paid the bill and did not spend the money on other pet projects for 17+ years. Yes, they did not pay the state portion of the pension for 17+ years. That is why the outstanding payment is so high. They started to pay some of the payment but have still not even come close to a full payment yet.

Glad I don’t live in New Jersey. Looks like you put up a good fight though. It’s a great car.