2018 Acura TLX vs 2017 C300 Loaner

Congrats @L.L!

Definitely going to test drive both now. I think the V6 does deserve a fair shot now and it should be possible to bring it under budget as well.

Thanks for the detailed review! I thought the PAWS system was pretty neat, but I see now that it’s supposed to work passively and not really alert you of its presence. Phone compatibility is a huge want for me since it’ll be my commuter.

Hey! Searched for a bit and couldn’t find any mention of those incentives on their website, but if you’re apprehensive, maybe try shooting an email to a dealer and ask? Good luck!

1 Like

The incentive info can be found in the Edmunds Acura TLX forums. There is no mention on the Acura website.

I should specify, I haven’t had any issues via Bluetooth with the actual phone functions. I’ve used both an iPhone and an Android phone with it.

The issues I had related to music function. Via Bluetooth it doesn’t give you the same functionality for music search, shuffle, etc. as it does when it’s plugged in. The iPhone worked when it was plugged in (it saw it as an iPod) but the Android phone is not supported that way. So it was frustrating having to use Bluetooth for music when I got the Android - it sounded great but I missed being able to control it through the car.

Eventually I broke down and got an iPod just for music in the car, which has worked perfectly. And I think the new TLX’s have Apple Carplay and Android Auto, so this issue has probably been resolved anyway.

-Rick

I had the same problems with my 2014 Accord so I know exactly what you mean. We’ve also leased the Buick Encore which comes standard with Carplay and Android Auto and wow, it’s such a huge step up. Good to hear!