2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Upside down by 10k- Rolling Negative into a lease

No it’s my fault. Had a 2020 Civic lease and hated the car so turned it in for the Acura. Was just cars after cars and it finally caught up to me. I thought rolling 9k of neggy eggy into a lease would work and after 2-3yrs then im free and clean

That strategy only works if you actually stick to it. I’m very familiar with these issues.

You just have to discipline yourself and find it in yourself to stick to it.

Pay down the TLX as long as financially possible. It’s really you’re only play.

They must have slaughtered you when you did this deal for a used older Acura.

You seem to be missing some basic math here. $9k divided over a 36 mo lease is $250/mo all by its lonesome, not counting rent charge. Then you still need to pay for the new car on top of that. Not sure what you think you can accomplish starting from that point.

I hate to say it but the best advice anyone in this thread has given is to make sure you have GAP and then park your car next to a lake or river and accidentally let it roll in…

1 Like

Suggesting that OP commit insurance fraud on a website is hands down the worst advice given on this thread.

3 Likes

You guys realize my comment was a joke, right?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure OP will come back in few months asking how to get out of his new tlx lease with $1100 payment and $15k negative equity

2 Likes

I did. 101010

1 Like

If your original deal was with Acura Financial they will likely give you a tier bump. Doesn’t mean much in terms of APR because it will still be high but it does mean a lot in a sub-vented lease.

Your best bet is to keep paying your car now and refi when your credit improves.

If you really want to get rid of it, sell it and independently lease a new Acura with a tier bump, negotiate the best you can on both sale and lease. If you must roll in the equity, roll it into a lease with the lowest Money Factor.

Was expecting much more severe comments upon reading the thread title. Am very disappointed.

Amber Turd > 2018 Acura

1 Like

The first step to get out of a hole is to stop digging. 1) Refinance the car. 2) drive it till the wheels fall off. 3) Fix your credit in the process- don’t think about a new car until #2 and #3 are complete. This is the best financial decision you can take, not exactly what u will enjoy. Cost of poor decisions.

I don’t know anything about re-financing, but the OP has already said that he looked into this and was offered a worse rate b/c

His credit today is worse than it was a few yrs ago, so I imagine that becomes a prob for point #1, in addition to #2 and #3.

To the OP, it would seem that there is no way to shortcut your way out of this. And you seem to know that since you apparently have done this b/f. Doing the same thing will not result in a different outcome. I think that’s kind of the end of the story.

Best of luck to you.

If i was going to refinance does anyone know if Acura Financial will refinance? another person said Acura might be able to do a tier bump. How likely is that since ive had a Honda and now a Acura?

No idea. Try calling them and asking.

1 Like

Not much of a sense of humor huh?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.