2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Upside down by 10k- Rolling Negative into a lease

I don’t need a 44k car no. I was browsing around. My credit isn’t that good as it was years ago. One bank was willing to refinance it but at 12% 560$ a month.

Holy cannoli man. $30.3k is just your current principle/payoff. Taking this to term will be more like $38k.

Throw every dollar you comfortably can to pay this down, forget the idea of getting a new car. Just do what you can to keep improving your credit and refinance once your credit is sufficient to net you a lower rate.

You wanna buy gap insurance. Then park your car next to the ramp on a lake and forget to put it in park…

11 Likes

Plan includes “free” food and a place to stay too?

Don’t you worry. Has GAP Insurance

So the joke went over ur head.

He’s saying to ‘accidentally’ leave it next to a lake and let it roll in so the insurance company can total it, as it’s negative. AKA snowy off-ramp, accident to disappear negative equity car. Which we’re totally not reccomending as that is a very unethical thing and constitues basic insurance fraud.

1 Like

You should “prefer” a 1999 Corolla. Keep making these bad financial decisions and 10k of negative equity is going to seem like you won the lottery.

4 Likes

It’s about to be summer, so thats why I suggested a lake. Otherwise, snow off-ramp it is…

That being said, I know anyone who has ever pulled this ‘trick’ off successfully. YMMV

2 Likes

Almost :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fook that guy that happen to be recording

3 Likes

OP - you need to pump the brakes and think things through. There is a lot going on here, with several seemingly poor decisions. LH is often willing to help, but it is also a family of tough love. This is a disaster. Your wallet is on fire and you’re pondering which grade of gasoline you should pour on.

8 Likes

You bought this car in the past 8 months?

2 Likes

Also, looks like this 2018 TLX 2.4 was purchase for about $35,100 before interest.

**originating loan amount, not necessarily what the car was purchased for.

Correct, it could be all in with tax, or it could be net of a down payment meaning it was even higher. Can’t know for sure without knowing from the OP.

TOTAL AMOUNT FINANCED

$35,115.40

TERM

60 Months

MATURITY DATE

Sep 7, 2026

INTEREST RATE

9.04%

INTEREST PAID YEAR-TO-DATE

$1,231.06

INTEREST PAID PRIOR YEAR

$932.47

Oh wow, 2k I’m interest paid in the first 8 months alone… can’t imagine what he amortization table looks like.

Definitely just focus on paying this down or refinancing to a lower rate if possible. If you can’t get a lower rate then focus on making as many principal payments as you can to the point where you can break even on this. Just expect to pay on this for another two to three years at least.

i think I paid 500$ towards the principal few months ago and that helped alot. I wish i didn’t get stuck with this. TBH my acura only has 46k miles so it will last. Maintenance is always done on time

How exactly did you get stuck? Did the dealer find you and force you to buy it?

6 Likes

You’re swapping cars like you have the luxury to do so; you didn’t simply get stuck. You were already contemplating (after 8 months) to trading/losing again, in order to get into another Acura. You’ve paid the bank an average of ~$270 per MONTH for you just to use their money - that is a car payment in itself.

I hope everyone’s advice on here is heard and used as guidance. You’re in a hole, but lets not make it any deeper.

1 Like