2018 ACURA ILX 36mo/10K

Something is wrong with your numbers, the residual is different on the calculator vs your first post. That price seems way to low for such an entry level Acura, something doesn’t seem right.

1 Like

This is what one of the dealers showed me

With 10k miles leasing for 36 months.
$1200 drive off
$231.91/month
35 payments
base on tier 1 credit score and price all inculding 9.5% sales tax

money factor is .00066
residual value is 51% ($14,838.45)

MSRP at $29,095
selling at $21,495

tire fee $7, doc fee $80, Dmv electronic fee $29, license fees $140, dmv: title/reg fee $154, dmv: county fees $11.

Is this correct?

It’s not even a nice last-gen Civic. It’s a poorly tuned last-gen Civic with an awful ride-handling balance

1 Like

I come up with this, I assume they have jacked up the MF or have some BS profit padding in there for etch, undercoating, blinker fluid warranty etc.

1 Like

Thank you! Should I ask for the capitalized cost for the car?

Yeah you need a full breakdown, there is some $500 worth of extra crap floating around somewhere. Printout or screenshot.

1 Like

Personally I’d rather find something like this than drive a glorified last gen civic, but if you like this car the deal seems good.

1 Like

I want to keep the payments as low as possible. I am willing to pay $1,500 for first month and doc fees and $230 or less per month. I don’t think a lot of cars are in my budget. Thank you for all the help!!!

Sonata, Jetta, Tiguan and Passat come to mind.

A Jetta SEL is in your budget, and it’s so much nicer than an Acura ILX, which is literally the Cadillac Cimarron of today.

Please do yourself a favor and look at the Jetta SEL. You’ll wonder why you ever considered a 2013 Honda Civic - I mean a 2018 Acura ILX, well, doesn’t matter, same thing!

1 Like

Ha, the Cimarron, the best Cavalier ever made. The epitome of badge engineering. I second the Jetta, or any car on the MBQ platform, solid car for the money.

I am going to look at VW Tiguan. Thanks so much! Now trying to find deals for this car… I had a Jetta before (financed and sold it back before I paid it off because it had a lot of problems)

Look at the mazda 6.

What’s the acura equivalent of the Accord? Or are they still on the last gen of that as well? The current gen Civic is a BLAST. Way more fun than I expected, even with the CVT.

Yeah but mazda is better and cheaper.

Haven’t tried the Mazda yet. All the Mazda places are kinda far. The Civic feels light years better than the Subaru Impreza I was in though. I actually prefer it to the Passat, Grand Cherokee, and BMW 3 Series (Maybe I just haven’t driven the right one?).

Which Mazda should I look at? Besides the Miata I mean.

TLX and it suffers from an identity crisis, when they went from the TL to the TLX they shrunk it and got rid of the TSX, which was basically the rest of the worlds Accord. I think a sign that Accord sales are slow was seeing two rental Accords today at the airport, Honda tries to stay away from the rental market unlike the competition. It’s rare to see Honda’s in rental service, and I saw two.

The Mazda 6, mazda 3, and mazda cx3. All of them are in the 2s and lease well. Like toyota, many of them are cheaply optioned with adaptive cruise.

IMO, the mazda CX5 beats most of its luxury competitors.

I’m seeing more realistic lease prices for the Accord now - $260 or so for the 1.5 Sport. EX-L and Touring might still be a little too high though. I’m trying to like Acura because the dealership experience would be much better, but it feels like there’s not a huge difference. The new accord is pretty nice as is.

The Civic I’m in now is from Enterprise and it’s by far the best “normal” rental car I’ve driven in a long time. It still feels new and has like 27k miles on it, which in normal car mileage is probably 100k. I wish it was a little quieter (medium amount of tire noise), but other than that it’s really solid and man the thing can take a corner. Makes me wonder about the Si and Accord Sport.