2018 ACURA ILX 36mo/10K

I am looking to lease my first car. This is the best offer I have so far (emailed a few Acura dealerships) in regards to the monthly cost and down payment. Would I be able to ask for a lower leasing price to keep my monthly payments lower? Or should I take the deal? Thank you!

MSRP $29,065
Lease price $22,500

$2000 down total (first month payment, registration, and other fees)
10 k a year Residual $14,823 (60%)
Money factor .00066
36 months term
$220 + tax

You know it’s a last gen civic? A nice civic though. Make sure you drive it if you haven’t already

1 Like

That’s what exactly what my friend is paying for his 2016 Acura ILX right now. He also asked around for some quotes for his parents a few months ago, and the best quote he received was $2k down, $206+tax a month. In the end his parents decided to get the IS300 (a lot more $ than the ILX, but it’s worth it) . I think you can push for more discount for the ILX.

It’s a previous generation Honda Civic with an Acura badge. The new Honda Civic is superior in almost everyway, but admittedly you can’t get a nicely equipped Civic for that cheap since Civic leases suck.

I’d look at a Jetta SEL. Far nicer car.

1 Like

I emailed the dealer seeing if he could lower the costs. However, his numbers and the calculator do not match. Did I do something wrong?

I also changed the sales price because another dealer said he could sell it at that price.
tire fee $7, doc fee $80, Dmv electronic fee $29, license fees $140, dmv: title/reg fee $154, dmv: county fees $11.
Drive off that including first month payment.

Something is wrong with your numbers, the residual is different on the calculator vs your first post. That price seems way to low for such an entry level Acura, something doesn’t seem right.

1 Like

This is what one of the dealers showed me

With 10k miles leasing for 36 months.
$1200 drive off
$231.91/month
35 payments
base on tier 1 credit score and price all inculding 9.5% sales tax

money factor is .00066
residual value is 51% ($14,838.45)

MSRP at $29,095
selling at $21,495

tire fee $7, doc fee $80, Dmv electronic fee $29, license fees $140, dmv: title/reg fee $154, dmv: county fees $11.

Is this correct?

It’s not even a nice last-gen Civic. It’s a poorly tuned last-gen Civic with an awful ride-handling balance

1 Like

I come up with this, I assume they have jacked up the MF or have some BS profit padding in there for etch, undercoating, blinker fluid warranty etc.

1 Like

Thank you! Should I ask for the capitalized cost for the car?

Yeah you need a full breakdown, there is some $500 worth of extra crap floating around somewhere. Printout or screenshot.

1 Like

Personally I’d rather find something like this than drive a glorified last gen civic, but if you like this car the deal seems good.

1 Like

I want to keep the payments as low as possible. I am willing to pay $1,500 for first month and doc fees and $230 or less per month. I don’t think a lot of cars are in my budget. Thank you for all the help!!!

Sonata, Jetta, Tiguan and Passat come to mind.

A Jetta SEL is in your budget, and it’s so much nicer than an Acura ILX, which is literally the Cadillac Cimarron of today.

Please do yourself a favor and look at the Jetta SEL. You’ll wonder why you ever considered a 2013 Honda Civic - I mean a 2018 Acura ILX, well, doesn’t matter, same thing!

1 Like

Ha, the Cimarron, the best Cavalier ever made. The epitome of badge engineering. I second the Jetta, or any car on the MBQ platform, solid car for the money.

I am going to look at VW Tiguan. Thanks so much! Now trying to find deals for this car… I had a Jetta before (financed and sold it back before I paid it off because it had a lot of problems)

Look at the mazda 6.

What’s the acura equivalent of the Accord? Or are they still on the last gen of that as well? The current gen Civic is a BLAST. Way more fun than I expected, even with the CVT.

Yeah but mazda is better and cheaper.