2018 Accord 1.5T Touring - $324/mo. 36/12 $1868 DAS *signed!*

As in, you’re trying to blend in and become/remain “one of the people”? Yeah Accord won’t work for that.

It happened very quickly but sedans have become a contrarian choice now.

Nothing blends in like a small to mid CUV nowadays.

You’re not wrong! I’m… sad. Never been an SUV guy, but I do like the Land Rover LR2 we bought the missus (Carmax with warranty for obvious reasons).

Not a big SUV guy, but I’m 6’5" and most modern sedans I get into cause me to lurch down and move my head forward when seated. I don’t seem to remember older cars being like that… even the modern ones where the tout being larger than previous generations, I still feel scrunched up.

I love small cars (Drive an RSX right now), but my neck kills me after more than 15 minutes of driving and sometimes I drive 5 hours up to NY.

This is the world I live in :/.

Can’t afford a Stelvio at the moment or Macan, unfortunately. Would love the driving dynamics of those cars.

The Accord had decent space in it, but I still felt as if head room was a bit of an issue if it had a sunroof.

[UPDATE] After casting a net on three identical cars within a couple hours drive - and it being the last day of the slowest month of the year - I was able to get a quote with the numbers I wanted that the original dealership walked me on. In fact, this second dealership beat my ask by applying $400 in flex cash. Of course, “flex cash is expiring today [maybe], so is leash cash [lolno] get in here, gogogo!” Here’s the offer sheet from said second dealer:

However, I thought I’d throw the first dealer (the salesman, specifically - I don’t think he had a great month, kind of a “Gil Gunderson from The Simpsons” vibe) a bone. So I called and basically said “here’s the offer from your competitor, I’m leaving in 10 minutes to go pick up this car today, if you can match I’ll give you my business.” And lo, they matched.

**MSRP: $34,690 (plus $2k in dealer-installed add-on BS)
**Selling Price: $28,195
**Monthly Payment: $324
**Cash Due at Signing: $1868.50 (Taxes $426.45, first month, acquisition fee, doc fees, registration)
**MSD: $0
**Incentives: $0

**Months:36
**Annual Mileage: 12k
**MF: 0.00072
**Residual: 51%

**Region: South Carolina
**Leasehackr Score: 8.9 years

Overall, I’m happy. I don’t think there’s MUCH more blood to be squeezed from this turnip, but any advice anyone might have for others looking at the last of the 2018s would be appreciated.

1 Like

You’ve worked hard to get to this point and if you like the car then take it. It’s not going to be 295, but it’s within a rock’s throw distance of that unicorn deal.

I think 324 for a fully loaded Accord is a pretty good deal. Enjoy the car, mate. You’ve earned it.

2 Likes

It isn’t anything particularly special in terms of hacking - net $366/month deal with first month at signing for a $34k car. The residual really hurts it which is not something in your control. You got a great discount, which is what helped bring it back to reality.

You got the car you wanted for a price you were happy with - that is all that matters. Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks man. Never would have even had a chance without this site. 10/10, would use again. And yeah, talk about options. The damn thing turns the high beams on automatically and then turns them off when it detects oncoming traffic. Discovered that last night. I haven’t found the button that scratches my ass for me yet, but admittedly I’m still learning the UI :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, I’d have loved to pair a better residual to it to push it to “great” from “good”, but that’s Honda. Interesting to me that the higher the spec, the higher the depreciation, but I suppose that makes sense from an industry standpoint. After all, “there’s nothing more expensive than old luxury,” as I can attest to after several years with an E38 BMW.

1 Like

Or, in the case of Alfa Romeo depreciation, new luxury…

1 Like

The entire reason I leased is because I’m waiting for preowned Alfa Romeo Giulias to start rolling into Carmax with available MaxCare extended warranties. Three years ought to be enough time with a dependable car, by then I’ll be ready to transition to a rolling catastrophe.

Carmax is usually overpriced IMO so the real cost of their warranty isn’t 3,500 or whatever, it’s more like 7-8,000

That’s how they get ya.

I usually recommend all friends and family to steer clear of carmax in our region. There’s a premium for walking into a carmax where you find 30 salesmen standing around doing nothing.

Yes about the high beams it has an auto feature on it…how to set it up is when you have your lights on, toggle the brights on and off…you’ll see an icon on the dash that will show an A with what looks to be the bright high beam icon pop on, To turn it off just toggle the high beams once again. It’s a great feature to have.