2017 Volvo Xc90 Momentum

So just wanted to share with my fellow Lhackers the deal I was working on yesterday. I know I’m missing some info, but the dealer kept dropping his monthly payment. We started off at $648 and worked our way all the way down to $499.
Let me know how I did and if I could do better.
Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2017 Volvo XC90 Momentum with Convenience and Vision Package]

MSRP: [$58,160]
Selling Price: [???]
Rebates: [$???]
Trade-in: [$0]
MF: 00117
RV: 58%
Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [12,000]
Drive Off: $2200
Monthly Payment: $499 excluding tax (Estimated Payment of $530ish)

Gotta know this. Not just for us, but for your own sake.
BTW, what you worked on yesterday will not be valid today. I don’t see any August incentives yet.

It will be great if you can also provide your state and the dealer processing fee and license & registration that they are charging

My State is Florida and we have a 7% sales tax.

The dealer dropped the lease payments so many times, that I stopped bothering for all the info all over again.

At the end of the day I was trying to walk with the XC90 for $440 monthly payments with $2200 out of pocket.

How did you come up with these numbers?

Ask the dealer what the selling price, the dealership processing fee and registration fee is…you will get better clarity on the actual deal once you have these numbers. Also, are you factoring in any trade in?

Also, where in Florida did you do this? Thank you so much.

440 for an XC90 would be great payment :slight_smile:

I based my number from reviewing other threads with vehicles with near 60k msrp. Many of those deals had a common mid $400 monthly payment. In addition they already have 2018s on their lots, so that was another piece of leverage that i used.

Have I approached it wrong?

As for the dealer it was in South Florida.

This is the info the dealer gave me, but this is when the quote was at $585. He dropped the lease payments 2 times after that and he stopped at $499.
Selling Price: 50,865
Gross cap cost of car: 50,865
MF: .00117
Residual: 58%

Well, the incentives, MF/RV, demand, etc are all different on different $60K cars. There are also many loaner deals. The only way to see what you can get on XC90 is to compare to deals on XC90. Also keep in mind that it’s Volvo’s most successful car.

2 Likes

Based off of your information, I calculate a monthly payment of $614 including taxes. This does not include acquisition, doc, title/registration fees that you didn’t include. The $2200 must be these fees plus first payment? Were there no incentives or rebates? Did you use MSD’s? Interesting.

Sounds like you made the deal already, do you have the paperwork? If so all that information (Cap Cost, what the $2200 went to etc.) will be on it but $499 on the XC90 with $2200 out of pocket in Florida seems pretty good since dealer fees there are so high.

Unfortunately I did not get the suv. I tried to get them go down lower, but they wouldn’t. I’m in no rush and tried to take advantage that it’s a 2017 and it was end of the month.

I wanted to share the details with everyone in case they’re looking for a 7 passenger luxury SUV.

1 Like

So I kept the negotiations high level just because I noticed they were dropping on price several times and figured I would wait to see what was the best they came up with on their own before I intervened.

At the end of the day my drive off fees was going to be $2200 with no MSDs. As far as incentives or rebates I didn’t inquire because they seemed to be doing a good job of talking down the price without me really having to do much. it’s amazing how they went from monthly payments of $645 to $499 all on their own.

Honestly you should have gone for it. If it’s truly $499, thats the best deal you’ll get on an XC90.

it appears for MSRP of 58160

$3000 conquest deal + 11% discount I get around 496 excluding tax assuming 10k miles as of july program. not sure changes in aug

quite surprised 11% discount on the suv… should have taken it… I highly doubt you can shave off another $50 from this price.

let us know any updates

where did you see mid 400 on 60k ?.. really curious

1 Like

E300 loaners, I bet…

I was thinking a6 darn!:joy:

You guys are ridiculous. 400 payment is only for E300 P1 loaner (MSRP approx 58k) and A6 quattro premium (MSRP approx 54k). Stop spreading those shenanigans that 60k cars can be had for 400 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Completely forgot about A6 without @vhooloo constant reminders :slight_smile: Besides, A6 were pretty base - around $52-54K

1 Like