2017 Sierra Denali Ultimate 4x4 $450 - Lease Takeover Thoughts

I’ve seen a lot of the marketplace lease takeovers get chewed out recently, but I’ll ask anyway.

I leased a mineral metallic 2017 GMC Sierra Denali 4x4 with Ultimate package back in January for $416 per month, plus local sales tax, which brings my payment to $450 per month (9.25% sales tax). Here’s the pertinent information:

MSRP: 63,995
Selling Price: $55,250 (after rebate)
Rebates: $1,000 IVC Program
Acquisition fee, dealer fee, reg., etc.: $1,612 (all rolled into monthly payment)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: 0.00059
Residual: 69%
Security Deposit: $0
Total Due At Signing: $450.68 (1st month’s payment)
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $450.68, which includes 9.25% TN tax
Zip Code: 37204
Sales Tax Rate: 9.25

I’m fine with keeping the truck for the next 30 months, but this site is a killer when you see everyone else’s shiny new toys. I’ll be honest, this is my first truck and it turns out that I’m not a big fan of not having a trunk, and I’d ideally prefer to transfer it to someone else.

Before I go through the process of putting it up on Swapalease or Leasetrader, I wanted to get an opinion as to whether the hackrs see this as an easy swap or if I’d need to kick in an incentive to move it. If I need to put up an incentive, I’ll keep it, but I haven’t noticed anyone on here replicating the deal, so it might be desirable.

The lease is through Wells Fargo Financial, which essentially has the same terms as GM. It’s a $595 transfer fee, transferee must be in the same state (TN), which could be the main issue, and they must have top tier credit.

All opinions, whether positive or negative are welcome. Thanks.

I think $450/month for a $64,000 truck is a great deal. I’m not in the market for a truck, but I don’t think you’ll have any trouble finding someone to take over this lease. You might want to put on here how many miles are currently on the vehicle.
Good luck :slight_smile:

Good call, thanks. The truck is spotless, garage kept, and has 2,800 miles. I’ve had it for almost five and a half months.

I’d totally pick this up if not for the transfer restriction. Great price for a great truck.

2 Likes

Man. Would totally take this. How strict is the State requirement?

Unfortunately the transferree would definitely need to live in Tennessee. Good to know that someone would take it though.

Do you still have the truck? I live in Tennessee and would be interested!

Sorry, I don’t. A fellow hacker took over the lease in October and I picked up one of the E-class loaner deals. Good luck!