2017 Nissan Lease VPP Deal

The leaf deal is great. Go for it.

The ford focus electric is a MUCH better car than the Leaf. If you bought it and keep it Long term aND the range survives, you will save money.
The leaf loses range very quickly compared to any other car. I feel sorry for anyone that bought one. By the time you pay it off, it will be worth a pack of gum.

I think we get your point of view with some valid concerns about residual, looks and battery performance articulated. Reiterating it 100s of time is not going to make it any more persuasive :slight_smile:

I’ve driven both, and both have their pluses and minuses. Either would be a good EV commuter if the range works.

The Focus has more engaging steering and handling if such things are important to you. Cargo capacity is nearly nonexistent compared to a Leaf. And though it has thermal management of its battery pack, there are some notable reports of range loss in some environments that suggest it may not be doing as much as people thought it would. Also, I wish they wouldn’t limit torque so much at low speeds and during tip-in. It takes away from the fun of an EV by not having instant full torque.

The Leaf is more comfortable and practical. It also has a larger base of support for monitoring (LeafSpy et al) and accessories. Unless you live in Arizona, the lack of thermal management may not matter with the latest battery chemistry they use. It’s also due to be replaced shortly, but this is also the impetus behind some of the great deals these days.

HK

Purchase my payment after all credits is $183/mo with 0% through ford motor credit. It was stickers at 31k, dealer came down to 23.5k and then 5k back on state and 7.5k back on federal. $800 to ship from CA to CO. If you’re interested let me know, lease on it is pretty favorable too. Salesman was super straight forward no games.

HI Buddylecia,
I’m interested in lease ford focus electric, I’m in los angeles.
if you could let me know which dealer/salesman you talk about
thank you

RZ

Mike Foster at Huntington Beach Ford. He can work a good deal on a lease for CA residents. They don’t sell the car in CO so purchase was more favorable for me.

Did you know the Colorado power company is giving $10k rebates on Leafs?

“*$10,000 incentive is off of MSRP and cannot be combined with any other Offers or Nissan incentives (Rebates, APR or Leases). This offer applies to all new 2017 Nissan LEAFs purchased from a participating dealer that is located in a qualifying market, and purchased during the qualifying period for such qualifying market. Does not include leased Nissan LEAF vehicles. See your local participating Nissan Dealer for complete details.”

Yeah the thing is most of the dealers are already discounting them that deep even without the rebate. So when you try to use the rebate and it limits what else you can do with the vehicle and terms of Finance leasing Etc it’s a wash.

Were you able to figure out the details of the rebates?

+1, can you please PM me dealership details about this lease?

@lethic - did you end up going with the Leaf? If so, how have you liked it so far?

I’m starting to search for an EV now (also benefit because my employer offers free electric charging) and wondering what your experience has been.

I did. We went with a base S model. Had it about two months now and went with a 15k lease for $15/mo more - cheaper than the lease end price per mile was going to be.

We did an extended test drive and took the leaf home for a few days to test out commutes and our weekend activities to see how we liked it. I’d highly recommend doing this if you can - helped us get over the EV/range anxiety. Once we did that we were pretty sold and I really enjoy never going to the gas station. It’s also fun to find some cheap/free charging and see how much we can fit in the trunk to avoid using our SUV - people are amazed how much we can carry.

It’s been a great $$ saver already and has everything you really need in a commuter IMHO. I use it to take both my kids to school and work and they love it too!

until they hit puberty. i would get a leaf for my teenage son as a form of birth control.