2017 Mercedes E300 Lease Buyers Remorse?

Or take it to CarMax. With the big discount you got, CarMax’s offer and your buyout price might be similar or even positive.

V
On P Cars we disable the servotronic boost
For me it was a fuse pull
Perhaps there is a similar hack for you :slight_smile:

Yeah, like driving an MB E-class is a punishment for all yours sins.

Still don’t buy it…E-class needs to grow on you? Like it’s a KIA or a Subaru. Right.

Why it does not pay to rush into deals. Again you were all about safety features before.

Getting a great deal was stronger than is this the right car for me.

Item2 should come first typically.

For me I know it’s getting a great deal in my budget. Hopefully it will have the safety features I want.
Trying to map out the comparison MSRP currently.

Always do research and take a few test drives. Just took an equinox 18 drive the other day. Meh drive. But will do it again after a few others.

Drive what makes YOU happy and impresses YOU. Life’s too short to worry about what others think of your choices and what makes you happy.

2 Likes

I have received this BS line from so many dealers. I am trying to get them to beat a price a few hundred over what I see dealers advertising on their websites in other states (so I know it is nothing special).

Never fall for this line. It just means the salesman thinks you are bluffing on the price, and thinks that by “being honest” you will eventually return to him for the car.

I would hate to live in an area where people would give you a hard time over a P1 Mercedes E300. It really is not a flashy car (specifically from the outside, the interior lighting is rather eye catching).
To each their own, but my 2 cents would be to drive your E class around with your head held high knowing that your lease payment is probably lower than most of the cars around you in parking lots.

@derwolf how about getting some dark tints so nobody can see you and when you enter/exit the car you wear a hoodie and sunglasses…problem solved :sunglasses:

1 Like

C’mon, it’s a Mercedes. It is a high end, flashy luxury car by definition. Even a C-class. No loaded G80 can come close.

I test drove the E300 about 2 months ago and almost pulled the trigger due to the updated interior but the new motor was a turn off. It’s supposed to be slightly faster than the 16’s but it sounds like a diesel from the exterior. The seats hug slightly too tight if you are do not wear slim fit clothing. I’ve owned 4 E-classes in the past but as someone commented earlier, it does feel a bit like a tarted up Camry.

Competitors have been using 2.0L turbos since 2012 (BMW) or even earlier (Audi). The use of 4 cylinder engines in this segment is nothing new.

my friend just got an E300 loaner…im pretty impressed with the interior and all the tech features. Didn’t see that coming. I didn’t drive it so i can’t comment on the engine but it’s a good looking car inside and out IMO.

After driving one for a while all I can say is I was quite impressed. The power is surprisingly strong, especially in Sport+ mode, and the interior is very nice. I’ve driven lots of Camrys on rental lots, and I can tell you that is not a tarted up version of that car. I did feel that way about an ES350 about six years ago, but not this car.

2016 E350 is substantially faster than 2017 E300: 0-60 5.8 s vs. 6.5 s

https://www.0-60specs.com/mercedes-benz-e350-0-60-times/
https://www.0-60specs.com/mercedes-benz-e300-0-60-times/

The car is a fantastic car. I’m driving mine for 7 months. I average 27 miles to the gallon and the car is fantastic. Drive and keep.
Brandy

P.S. Stop nickel and diming yourself to death. You have a great car. If you need to save money, buy a smart car next time or a Civic or a Corolla.
Brandy

I turned off my daytime running lights on my c300 cause I thought it was too flashy/gawdy. the angry eyebrow looks too sassy for me and now I only turn them on when someone fragrantly cuts me off :stuck_out_tongue: I agree with the sentiment that it is a bit of a flashy car but considering the deal you got, I think you should just enjoy it for 6 months then see where your trade in value to buyout value is (minus MSD) and see if the used car manager will make you an offer or carmax or some dealer that you want to trade for another car. If you really want to get rid of it, keep the miles low to maximize your trade in value.

6 month update - I’ve posted my lease on the marketplace: