2017 Mercedes E300 Lease Buyers Remorse?

First time poster - been watching these forums for some time and have learned a lot. I just leased a 2017 E300 Black/Black (57k MSRP) for 405.37/month. Lease term is 30/12k and includes 2yr maintenance with 10 MSD ($4500). I just signed the deal this past Friday and I’m already not sure the car is for me. I believe I read that Mercedes doesn’t allow lease transfers until 6 months so I’m wondering what my options are. Do I try and stick out the 6 months and see if the car grows on me? If it doesn’t, how hard will it be to get someone to assume the lease? I’ve seen some other deals posted for 36/10k that seem to beat my numbers, but those deals mostly seem to include the USAA or PenFed money which I didn’t qualify for. Just looking for some advice. Thanks!

What don’t you like about it?

Please explain what doesn’t work out for you on the lease and also was the lease a brand new lease, or CVP?
Also, what was the equipment ?

more details would be greatly appreciated!

Car is CVP and had 4795 miles on it. It has P1, Burmester and Sport package.

This might sound strange, but my main hesitation on the car is it’s a lot of bling and I normally like to keep a lower profile. I was planning on a VW in the $250-$300 price point. I kinda just jumped on it because it seemed like a good deal and it was end of the quarter. I contacted 6 other dealers and the next closest was $150/month more. Basically I made a rush decision and now I’ve got buyers remorse…

I had buyer’s remorse after leasing 2016 E350 last year. My problem was with the steering feel and handling after driving for many years various BMWs. After 9 months with the car I adjusted and understood it’s a very different car and has lots of its own advantages. I’m pretty content now. I also tried to swap the lease but now I’m glad I didn’t. It’s impossible to get anything comparable for $400 a month anyway. I’m not sure
though how the 4 cylinder engine feels in the 2017 one.

1 Like

I drove a c300 I think it has the same motor. It was a sweet sounding motor, but it seemed a little slow to me. It is rated as 2/10ths slower in the e300. The car felt like a gussied up economy car to me. I am sure the E class is better.

I sure you’ll get an answer here about when you can get out of your lease. You got a good deal so you won’t have any problems transferring it.

Talk to your sales rep or post on swapalease with an incentive.

I am interested too about getting out of a lease. I did a deal 3 days ago and not sure I should have.

So is it buyers remorse or the fact that the chase has ended for awhile?

You might be on to something… maybe we need a support group?

I can relate, however why did you even bother to contact 6 (!) dealers to get into MB? Sorry, I don’t buy it.
When I had a choice between a $42.5k Volvo S60 for about $350/mo and a $50k C300 loaner (~3k miles) for $376/mo I went with Volvo because I didn’t want “bling” and wanted free maintenance.

1 Like

When I decide to pursue a deal I tend to go all in. Maybe I should say I have had several cars that people tend to view as showy… I like the aesthetics of MB but not the attention it brings. Maybe I’m just getting old.

lol so you want a kia k900 or the hyundai G80? why else would you get a mercedes if not to show off? i mean just get in and ambient lighting everywhere in blue lol

@derwolf
You can try and unload it by offering a modest incentive. If is gonna cost you 105/mo more than you want to pay for 35 ($3675). Maybe offer $1500 to have someone take it off your hands.

Call in and get your payoff on the automated system or online (dealer payoff is usually less due to taxes). Make a deal on the car you want and trade this in for a loss/gain depending on your situation. Once paid off you should get your MSDs back from MBFS. Get private license plate “MODEST”. Drive happily.

1 Like

i’m not sure where you live @derwolf but where I live an E class is about as showy as a Camry (no offense). It’s a German mass sedan, MB’s bread and butter type of vehicle. It’s not some sort of exotic or anything like that that would turn heads.

I’m with @Ursus on this, it’s a little strange to go through the exercise of contacting multiple dealers and ultimately go through the final paperwork of leasing this car (which wasn’t easy to find) and then on the back end think it’s too “flashy” and that you are in reality more “modest”. It’s a little late for that.

You got a sweet deal on the car, try to enjoy it for 6 mo, if you really hate it, you can try to get out. The hurdle will be the MSDs because people that assume leases will try to squeeze you on the MSDs and only give you a portion of it or try to get you to just forfeit it, but who knows, maybe you’ll get lucky. I am guessing that you’ll get used to it and realize an E class is no big deal these days and you are driving the same car others are paying $200/mo more for it and that alone will give you satisfaction everyday you get in the car.

3 Likes

I agree man. If you gonna park that in the hood, it will be standing on 4 cinder blocks in no time. Either you find a garage and walk the last mile to your digs or you go full gangsta on it and get the 22 inch wheels, matte paint full body wrap, black out package and 15 inch subwoofers to send a message to the homies “don’t touch else …”

You have the opposite problem to OP. He thinks his car is too bling and you must have realized your Subaru is too vanilla. Don’t worry, @ursus lives on a steady diet of Subarus and Volvos and it has not killed him yet. I think if you buy tweed jackets and start reading philosophy books, you will like your car better too.

Ps don’t worry about it. Drive it and turn in it in 36 months :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the Subaru but I keep seeing deals for much better cars for less than the $360 I am paying