2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD

I am looking to lease a 2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD and hoping for good 4th of July deals in Charlotte, NC area.

Here is the quote I received:

MSRP is $33465
Sale Price $32700 include $1204 in upfront costs and first month
Fees are the same upfront costs above
Residual $20,748
Money Factor 00134
Gap insurance is included.

Monthly lease payment is $434 for 36 months with 12,000 miles a year.

I find this too high for the selling price. Please advise where we can negotiate to get to 1% lease payment.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I’ve been looking at Mazda CX5 FWD but it sound like they either have pretty bad/high lease program or i am not getting any discount as i’ve received $397 for 36 month/12K mile in S.Calif

1 Like

Mazda leases terribly, the residual is soso, they don’t discount MSRP much, and almost never have lease incentives. Plus the money factor is inflated. The CX5 is kind of overrated anyway (just my opinion). There are better options in the standard crossover market for leasing.

Shows on honker for $341 a month including NY tax 36/12

You can get a lexus nx for that price pretty much.

Mazda leases go through Chase since they do not have a dedicated financial service. I ended up buying a slightly used CX9 and saved a bundle. You will love the CX5, especially the GT with stop/go adaptive cruise control and heads up display.

Maybe consider a straight up purchase.

I recently started with looking at the CX-5 but the leasing economics were horrible. Ended up getting an NX200 for my wife at $307/mth. We got $13K more car (43K MSRP) for less money, no brainer for us.

How did you get that payment?

He had a golf cert., a good discount, and that price didn’t include tax

Thanks. Decent price still.

if you don’t have the cert and included nyc tax, you’d be looking at closer to 370-75

I am trying to get one for 420 with first month and dmv as drive offs. Got it to 440 so far. 44,8000 msrp though.

which dealer in ny, if I may ask? Avoid NYC like the plague. He also had MSD which as an NY resident you can’t do. (some brands allow you to do them in another state others don’t, lexus doesn’t allow it)

It was NJ dealer. They did not allow msd the salesman told me because domiciled in NY. From what i gather here you can do it but salesman said no.

Here’s my post May 30th:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2017 Lexus NX200t w/ Premium and Nav packages

MSRP: $43243
Selling Price: $38499
Rebates: $3750
Trade-in: [$0]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [12,000]

MF: don’t know
Residual: 59%

Security Deposit: $2000 (paid 5 MSDs)
Total Due At Signing: $850 + MSDs
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $331 ($307 w/o tax)

Zip Code: [92130]
Sales Tax Rate: [7.75%]

Worked with Thomas on the Internet team at Lexus Escondido (San Diego). He was great and we did the whole deal over email and text.

1 Like

yes ik what your deal was.

I’m looking at $318 monthly on a 10/36 including taxes through the Honcker app on AWD GT $1345 drive off. I qualify for the loyalty lease cash and Mazda capital services discount. Think I’m going to take it. Also looked at 200nx but had to have car shipped and pay dispo fee on old Mazda, increased my out of pocket $800.

To Danges:

I’ve been looking at this car closely.

I would ask for no less than $2k off MSRP. 0 down of course. Some people have gotten $2,700-$3,000 off.

How much you actually get will depend on location of course, but what you got discounted was not enough.

Keep in mind that the 16 Mazda’s are starting to sell down, at least here in So Cal, and they are no longer leasing the 16 either. So possibly next month they might introduce lease support.

Personally I would bargain hard the last day of the year, and if you don’t get a good deal I would wait till the 4th of July.

rahduke:

Personally, I would wait till the last day of the month and try to beat that Honker deal. Otherwise it doesn’t look bad. Terrific car!

I would like to share what I got:

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Black MSRP: 31,635. (The rest of details I don’t have)
Residual: 63%
MF: 0.00087
credit score: 800.

In-store Deal:
Pull-ahead current three lease payments
Drive-off: $1000
Monthly: $350 including CA tax (so before tax will be around $321) (extra discount: Mazda loyalty $750 off)
This is almost close to the bottom line of the most dealership. I haven’t signed the deal because the dealer only has gray color in stock. This car is very popular for GT model so most of the dealership won’t give this kind of discount.

So if you want a 2017 CX-5 GT AWD, there is still possible to get a decent deal.

1 Like

Just got back from dealer in Portland, OR. Picked up 2017 CX-5 GT. $1000 down, $310/mo. 36 mo, 10k mi.