2017 Kia Soul EV - GA

I’m looking for a good deal to replace my Mazda 6 lease that is due 02/01.
I would do an EV if it is a steal, otherwise I’d stick with a sedan, or small sedan.

Given that there are some 2017 Kia Soul EVs still for sale, I was wondering how good of a deal I could get. This is what I am hoping, but seems very aggressive. I’ve tried discounts before incentives for a Forte and the salesman was almost offended by my proposal. Kia does have good incentives, but it I did not get a single quote for a 36/12 monthly payments below $240 for a Forte EX. For that money I’d chose a Mazda 3.

Please give me your thoughts:

2017 Kia Soul EV Base
MSRP: $32,250
Sale price: $27500 (~15%off)
MF: 0.00102
12,000 mi/year, 36 months
RV: 30%
Incentives: $17,600 (KMF for 36 Mo lease)
Sales tax: 7% (GA, under new law)
Zero drive-off
Monthly payment: $ 101

Thanks in advance

Any comment on the above would be very much appreciated!
Tks

I tried the same vehicle (the Soul ev) in SoCal, did not get anywhere on the numbers. I don’t recall what they were offering but it was rediculous.
Do you have a breakdown on incentives? It seems like a very aggressive program, as long as they are willing to share.
I am strongly considering the Clarity EV for $200 plus 900 start, not sure if available in your state though.

Thanks for your comment.

This is my own calculation, that I’ll try to propose to the dealer.

The only incentive I’ve included was the KMF Lease incentive for 36 months, $17,600.
I think the other incentives I found on Autobytel are for purchase.

I will not pull the trigger for this car unless the discount before incentives are close to 20% for the following reasons:

1. It’s a 2017 vehicle
  2. It’s an EV with <100mi range
  3. It’s a Kia. I lease a Mazda, hence I need a great incentive to consider another brand and paying the disposition fee.

Thanks a lot for your comment.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I decided not to be lazy this time :hugs: and checked the incentives on the Kia site and they pretty much giving this amount towards the lease which I must say is huge. I went to the dealer on Jan 1st so they did not have the incentives then and guy didn’t bother to call me afterwards.
I also am Leary of the range especially that they are locking you in a 36 mo lease. I saw some incentives for the 48 as well, so if you want a really low payment it could be the way to go if you don’t mind looking at cars with at least twice the range in couple of years and doing a self inflicting dopeslap :grin:
It’s all of course hipothetical and they can stop producing EVs all together in two year for what I know.

You are correct, the 48 months lease has a better incentive (+$700), however I would prefer 24 months, which I was told is not offered.
I will try the 36 months next week or so.
The range is indeed lower than newer EVs, that’s why I would expect a much lower price. I can live with this range for 3 years, if the battery doesn’t degrade badly.

I believe EVs will not end in 2 years… But who knows?! It’s a lease, so no worries! :grinning:

Thanks.

1 Like

Do you mind sharing where in Georgia you found Soul EVs? Brunswick seems to be the only place with multiple in stock online.

Excellent deal if you don’t mind the lower range. If you have a 12-mile commute, it really doesn’t matter, it is free transportation. Do you happen to have a breakdown of the incentives and would you mind sharing?