2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

MSRP: $48,790
Selling Price: $38,975
Rebates: [$6815 AutoNation Savings] + [$3000 Customer Rebate - $1000 of this was a lease conquest rebate, don’t remember the rest]
Trade-in: $0

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 15,000

MF: 0.00006
Residual: 51%

Security Deposit: $0
Total Due At Signing: $2031
(1st month payment $436.25, doc fee $150, License $650, Title/Other $6.50, Upfront Tax $727.29, down payment $61.02)
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $436.25
($395.51 + $40.74 (10.3% sales tax))

Zip Code: 98004
Sales Tax Rate: 10.3%

I learned a lot from this forum and just wanted to share my deal. Financed through US Bank (vs. Chrysler Financial). I made this deal a couple weeks ago, but just now received access to LH forum to post it. I had them match the price at another local dealer, then had them add in the lease conquest rebate of $1000. Did the deal over email with SM and GM, put a $250 fully refundable deposit down, then came in a couple days later to wrap up the deal.

The only things that confused me are that they charged me upfront tax on $7000, says they used this rebate as a cap reduction and charged me cash down tax of $727.29. Maybe it was US Bank or the dealer’s way of charging me an acquisition fee or commission, who knows. Also the cap cost reduction of $61.02, not sure why that was added to my drive-off, it didn’t even round out anything, but I didn’t bother asking. I thought the deal was decent, if I made a mistake with these two amounts, I’ll just take it as a lesson learned.

I’ve been looking at 7 seater SUVs since last year, like the CX-9, QX60, MDX, Ford Explorer, etc… and haven’t been able to find a decent deal or dealers willing to negotiate over email. So I dropped that altogether and started shopping standard 5 seater SUVs, and the Jeep had the best features and value. The dealers in the Pacific Northwest, especially in the Greater Seattle area aren’t very willing to negotiate or stay competitive, some are just downright rude, so just be aware and keep shopping. I think they just assume everyone will pay MSRP because of all the tech companies and the housing market here.

3 Likes

Decent price for that Suv. Especially lower residual for overland. Especially 15k miles a year.

What was the dealer that you price matched from? I’ve been trying to work with Kirkland Jeep and the Bellevue AutoNation Jeep but haven’t had much luck getting the payment below $600/month. Getting $10K off of MSRP is great, the lowest I’ve been able to get to is about $7K off.

ditto. I’ve been trying for a while and have not been able to come close to that price. 580 all in was best I’ve been able to get.

I priced matched to a listing on CDJR of Seattle for a Red Overland for $39,975. Keep in mind this was back on May 12th, I couldn’t post until June on LH for some reason.

Best i have gotten is 485 a month with 2500 in driveoffs. No loyalty or conquest rebates so with those should be lower. This is from a broker. Thats for 49k and change msrp i believe.