2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited - Tech Pack - Loaded - $458/mo

I probably wont take this deal since I’m hoping to get a Highlander Hybrid or a QX60 but this is my fallback plan if those can’t get low enough on the monthly payment. Just wanted to share in case it would help someone else.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited - Tech Pack - Fully Loaded
MSRP: $46,160
Selling Price: $42,580
Rebates: $2,250 Dealer Cash Incentives (he didn’t give details)
Trade-in: $1,332 (seems a little high, I’m trading in a lease so it should be roughly $0, he may be hiding some value here but who knows?)

Acq Fee - This is where i put a sum of all the dealer costs (doc fee, acq fee, whatever else “total adj capital costs”)

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000

MF: .00056
Residual: 55%

Security Deposit: $0
Total Due At Signing: $458
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $458 (tax free NH)

Zip Code: 03087
Sales Tax Rate: 0%

1 Like

Just to clarify, the $1,332 is equity you have in your current lease, according to the dealer, right?

One option is taking your current car to CarMax to get it appraised – and see if you have more equity than that.

As far as everything else, it looks OK. The RV is correct, and the MF is not marked up here. Here are the incentives from Hyundai:

All: $1,500 lease cash
Targeted: $750 Hyundai Loyalty, $750 Competitive Owner, $500 BoostUp down payment matching, $500 military, $400 recent grad

Looks like the $2,250 in rebates is the sum of $1,500 lease cash and $750 competitive owner cash.

Only thing left to do is to push for a lower selling price. On Edmunds, I’m seeing promises of $5,012 off MSRP using your zip code. Perhaps use that information to your advantage, have dealers compete against other, and set a target selling price of $40,580 for yourself.

Yup thats right - I wish we had a carmax around here :-/ there are other used car dealers in the area but they usually dont want to buy your car unless you’re buying theirs.

Thats a great point on the MSRP, I had the same thought that it seemed sorta high but I wasn’t sure if the edmunds sale prices are after incentives or not.

Sadly I was all excited for the QX60 but then just watched a youtube review that basically trashed the car as a slow loud minivan in suv clothing so maybe I will look a little closer at the santa fe

Try the Jeep Grand Cherokee limited with premium package. I would take that over Santa Fe any day. Better tech package than Hundayi. Plus 2017 come with blind spot monitoring, panoramic sunroof, ventilated seats, etc.

Also, Hyundai awards dealers with certificates (in $500 increments) that are rebates applicable towards leases/purchases. It’s up to the dealer which cars they want to apply these rebates on, but it’s something to keep in mind, if dealers are reluctant to lower the selling price.