2017 Highlander - feedback appreciated!

Great Job…But that all sounded like a lot of work!

Congrats on the Highlander Limited!..Anyone in the market will appreciate the detailed post

Post a pic

Did you have to attend the auto show to qualify for this? Did you physically pick up a coupon or something at the auto show? I don’t fully understand how these work. Expiration?

Yes, you have to go to the show and sign up for the $500.00 coupon at the Toyota display. Once you sign up, they will send you an email within 48 hours. I attended on Monday and got my email
late Wednesday.

The certificate I got in an email has to be taken to the dealer and they fill in the information about the purchase or lease of the Toyota you choose You must take delivery from dealer stock by April 3rd from a dealer in the Cincinnati Region (Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, or Kentucky)

My dealership (Classic Toyota in Mentor, Ohio) included the $500.00 in the deal on Tuesday night even though I had not received my certificate yet. I did final get it late Wednesday and took it to the dealership today.

The show is at the Cleveland IX Center which is adjacent to Cleveland Hopkins Airport.

While there I also signed up at the Ford display for a Test Drive certificate. Give them your email address and some other information and take a test drive by April 30th. I also received that certificate by email yesterday and stopped at the Ford store right next to the Toyota store. I had leased my Ford at that store and they filled out what I needed since I had test driven an Explorer before getting the Highlander. I will be sent a $50.00 MasterCard within 8 weeks.

Yes, I did put some effort into getting a good deal. When I first started trying to lease a Highlander, I was getting prices of over $500.00 a month, or dealers wanting $3000 or $4000 down to get around $375 or so. I found this forum, read as much as I could find about other deals, and went for it.

Like I said, the MSD was the factor that allowed me to get more car than I was expecting without putting a large sum of money down as a down payment. I had read about others trying to use MSD’s and many also hitting road blocks from dealers who had no clue what they were, how they worked, or that they could even be done. I was prepared to hit those same road blocks (and did at the other dealers I checked also) but had the printouts from the calculator here to show them how it works.

2 Likes

What I meant was $470 a month. Sorry didn’t get back sooner.

Hey all,

Thanks for all posts to help get a good deal. I thought I’d post what it just got.

2017 Highlander XLE

MSRP: [$40,114]
Selling Price: [$35,500] 11.5% off MSRP
Acquisition Fee: [$650]
Trade-in: [$0]
Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [12,000]
Money Factor: 00001 with no MSD needed
Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$1030] (breakout below)
Monthly Payment (no tax): [$327]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$353]
Breakout of fees due at signing…
$387 Cap cost reduction
$231 Registration Fee
$29 DOC fee
$30.01 sales tax
$8.75 California Tire fee
1st payment $353.08
Total $1050
Zip Code: [92705]
Residual Value (60%)
Leasehacker Score of 9 years

Looks like a good deal. Sorry if I missed it, 3 year 36k. I’m assuming since Cali it’s a fwd

Yes it is fwd. I should have mentioned that.