2017 Golf GTI Sport

Agreed. GTI don’t lease well. Even though their actual residual value at the market after the certain years of use is good, their MF really sucks because GTI is a very popular car, making banks the most money. Remember that GTI didn’t get much discount as other VW cars after the emissions scandal.

GTI’s don’t lease well…one reason I didn’t get one a few years back. Other reasons were not great insurance premiums, and crappy city mileage.

They are a blast to drive however, and if you can actually drive them (I live in LA), they would be a fun ride.

Can’t give you feedback on your deal, but in LA (9%) tax, a 28K gti was about 370 with tax and minimum drive offs (around 800) a few years back. That general figure never seems to improve, despite all of VWs woes…it’s the shining star of their fleet.

Is this a good lease on a GTI? $179/month for S model w/manual trans. The 30k/year miles is a typo I’m sure. Info below:

• 2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI S, $26,735 MSRP. Finance rates upon approval through Volkswagen Credit. Lease $179/mo., 36/mo., 30,000 miles/yr ($.20 per mile each thereafter) with qualified credit through Volkswagen Credit. First payment plus $0 due at inception. With approved credit and 720+ beacon score. Must present at the time of purchase. Not all will qualify. Plus tax, tags, title, acquisition, and DMV. See Dealer for complete details. Offers include all available rebates and incentives and are subject to change. Must take delivery from in-stock. Manual transmission. Expires 02/28/2017
1 Like

Where did you see that? I’m only seeing advertised rates over $300/mo on automatic (DSG) versions with thousands OOP. Uploading…

yeha, the $370-$380 a month with no cap reduction is still the same. was gunning for a GTI two weeks ago but the numbers just don’t really line up in socal.

Found it here: New VW Vehicle Specials at King Volkswagen in Gaithersburg, MD

Yes sorry didn’t get back sooner. King VW in Maryland. High competition in the Virginia/Maryland for sales. Don’t see too many lease deals. Any red flags in this fine print? 4 manuals left so some inventory to choose from.

Doesn’t mention how much down they are expecting to get that. If zero down just minimums drive off then it’s the best deal in USA.

Here is one at Stohlman for and auto ($1,995 down and freight not included). PM me if interested - I know sales manager there, maybe he can help you out.

They have a few in stock:

http://www.stohlman-vw.com/Special/new/2017-Volkswagen-Golf_GTI-2.0T_4_Door_S_Manual-February_Golf_GTI_Special-Tysons_Corner-VA/79577890

Well that’s 2 deals now in that area that are very recent. Is it a sign that sales are slowing if they now put up lease deals? King VW had same lease deal in January, but not last year. I’ve never seen Stohlman put up a GTI lease deal and I’ve been following their pricing since 6/16. So something is up.

Having said that, is the Stohlman a good lease? It does include $1000 VW Loyalty rebate so that blows. And they want their $699 processing fee of course.

This is just a starting point. They have cars you want. You need to take out loyalty if do not qualify. But maybe there is conquest? Also add freight and $1,995 down to see the real payment. Then go from there - negotiate sale price, dealer fee (they may give you extra $300 off since you can go to MD for $300 fee)

The doc fees in the N. Virginia/Maryland area are non negotiable. I’ve never seen anyone claim they got it down in either state.

Well, you don’t get them down, you get extra $$ off of selling price to compensate. I did it at Stohlman on my Forester. Besides, they are negotiable since they are not set by bank. But it’s true that dealers refuse to negotiate them.

What does it mean at the bottom “Lease terms end or change at 10000 miles”?

No idea. But I get a feeling you are not that interested in this car (you are looking at Civic also, I think). If you were, you’d contacted that dealer with all your questions.

Just by looking at JD556’s thread, I’ll pass on calling a dealer about their lease terms. And yes I’m considering both vehicles. Very common.

I spoke with the dealer and the price is assuming you qualify for basically every incentive available (e.g., recent college grad, corporate, USAA, etc.)…so the price isn’t really what they’re advertising unless you’re the rare bird who fits that profile.

Yeah, that’s what they do to get you in.

Did you call Stohlman or King VW? I’m sure both dealers include all the stuff few qualify for.

I only spoke with King.