2017 Golf GTI Sport

Found it here: New VW Vehicle Specials at King Volkswagen in Gaithersburg, MD

Yes sorry didnā€™t get back sooner. King VW in Maryland. High competition in the Virginia/Maryland for sales. Donā€™t see too many lease deals. Any red flags in this fine print? 4 manuals left so some inventory to choose from.

Doesnā€™t mention how much down they are expecting to get that. If zero down just minimums drive off then itā€™s the best deal in USA.

Here is one at Stohlman for and auto ($1,995 down and freight not included). PM me if interested - I know sales manager there, maybe he can help you out.

They have a few in stock:

http://www.stohlman-vw.com/Special/new/2017-Volkswagen-Golf_GTI-2.0T_4_Door_S_Manual-February_Golf_GTI_Special-Tysons_Corner-VA/79577890

Well thatā€™s 2 deals now in that area that are very recent. Is it a sign that sales are slowing if they now put up lease deals? King VW had same lease deal in January, but not last year. Iā€™ve never seen Stohlman put up a GTI lease deal and Iā€™ve been following their pricing since 6/16. So something is up.

Having said that, is the Stohlman a good lease? It does include $1000 VW Loyalty rebate so that blows. And they want their $699 processing fee of course.

This is just a starting point. They have cars you want. You need to take out loyalty if do not qualify. But maybe there is conquest? Also add freight and $1,995 down to see the real payment. Then go from there - negotiate sale price, dealer fee (they may give you extra $300 off since you can go to MD for $300 fee)

The doc fees in the N. Virginia/Maryland area are non negotiable. Iā€™ve never seen anyone claim they got it down in either state.

Well, you donā€™t get them down, you get extra $$ off of selling price to compensate. I did it at Stohlman on my Forester. Besides, they are negotiable since they are not set by bank. But itā€™s true that dealers refuse to negotiate them.

What does it mean at the bottom ā€œLease terms end or change at 10000 milesā€?

No idea. But I get a feeling you are not that interested in this car (you are looking at Civic also, I think). If you were, youā€™d contacted that dealer with all your questions.

Just by looking at JD556ā€™s thread, Iā€™ll pass on calling a dealer about their lease terms. And yes Iā€™m considering both vehicles. Very common.

I spoke with the dealer and the price is assuming you qualify for basically every incentive available (e.g., recent college grad, corporate, USAA, etc.)ā€¦so the price isnā€™t really what theyā€™re advertising unless youā€™re the rare bird who fits that profile.

Yeah, thatā€™s what they do to get you in.

Did you call Stohlman or King VW? Iā€™m sure both dealers include all the stuff few qualify for.

I only spoke with King.