2017 Genesis G80 Loaner - $349/mo 15k

Ive had great success with Fords. My current daily driver is a 12 yr old Expedition with 181k miles. I was able to get a late 80s Taurus to 11 years and 150k miles. My Honda experiences have been hit and miss: had quite a few transmission challenges with Accords and Odysseys. I did just inherit a 14yr old Accord that is running well for now.

Re: the loan comment, I’ll admit that most consumers are probably buying more than they can afford. But for solvent individuals, the buy vs lease vs finance analysis needs to happen transaction by transaction. If I can buy the car at a hugr discount by agreeing to take the manufacturers financing (which they will charge a high rate for), then flip the loan to a credit union for a sub 2% rate, I don’t regard that as a bad decision - even if I want to stretch the term out. But the analysis needs to be done each and every time.

72 or 84 month loans at 0% is a good idea. Hell if someone wants to give me free money, I will never turn them down. I’ll take a 720 month loan.

However getting a 72 or 84 month loan at 5 or 6%, is pure insanity. But sadly most Americans shop based on monthly payment than actual cost. And it’s how you end up with a loan for $25K left on a car worth $17K.

I just bought a boat this summer and was going to pay cash for it. Then just for the hell of it I checked boat loans at my credit union. They were offering 4.49% up to 144 months. I was shocked that people take out 12 year loans on a depreciating asset. And it makes sense now since I think to myself how the hell is everyone on the lake buying these $80K boats. Well I guess by paying it off over 12 years.

I went the used $20K boat route myself, paid cash for it. And sleep well at night. :slight_smile:

0% for 6 or 7 years is about the dumbest financial decision anyone could make. Take the rebates and run.

0% is usually never a good deal.

Depends on what the rebate is. Depends on what competing auto loan rates are. Depends on whether the rebate is taxed or not. Depends on what the money can otherwise earn. Too many variables to say “never”.

1 Like

Sorry, you’re right. I was thinking about Missouri laws/rules. Never had people take 0% on a Hyundai or Nissan. Nor would I recommend because of how frequently people trade.

You were mislead. The Hyundai dealer you went to is misinformed or worse. Lazy. All they need to do is take a screenshot of the dashboard and submit to hyundai to finalize with Uber. That Simple. If they said it doesn’t apply to leases, tell them to call hyundai and verify. It does.

I used it for my lease for my elentra sport.

When I was shopping I heard the same story from 2 dealers but 3 said they did. Guess which ones were wrong lol. 0

Thanks Magnus. I was not yet approved for Uber so it became a moot point. I may be out $1000 but still think I got a solid deal.

Your clarification is good for the thread though.

For anybody else considering the discount, make sure to allow at least a week to get through the checks.

Sign up for Boost Account now if your thinking of getting a Hyundai or Genesis. The Account needs to be open for 30 days. And you don’t need to deposit 500. Just open it and link an bank account. If you don’t have one of the approved bank accounts get capital one 360 as there are often bonuses for signing up and there’s no fees for depositing a certain amount per month. Refer a friend as well program.

The dealership will tell you the money needs to be in the account for 30 days. This is false. The account just needs to be opened for 30 days before buying. The money will clear in 1-2 business days after depositing. This should be planned out before leasing.

We’ve gotten rebates kicked back because the money wasn’t in the account 30 days. But correct: You should get UBER on any new Hyundai. (We have a franchise, I’m at our desk right now in Hyundai Dealer DMS).

Incorrect. Sounds like whoever yall were working with was failing or the customer. It says it even on the Boost Up website and Hyundais. Account open for 30 days. Now thats not to say the customer added the funds last minute. When the sales agent / Manager goes to pull the code from the Boost Up account they enter that in incorrectly, or the customer failed in giving the right code, or worse, when entering for the rebate the individual failed. If rebates were kicked back it will need to be challenged. It should never be for a reason as to the money not being in for 30 days.

Reference, I have used boost up account 3 times be applying the funds less than 30 days and using it. Also having helped several individuals from 4 seperate hyundai dealerships take advantage of this program. One of my favorites.

1 Like

Whats the boost rebate typically?

$500… 20 chars

Ehhh thats not great in comparison to the 2k for MB from Penfed

No, but if you are eligible for bonus drive that is another 500, so that’s a total of 1000, which is in proportion to the 2k on a MB C300, given the relative MSRPs.

1 Like

Exactly what magnus said. I just created an account in case I see a leasehackr type deal on a Genesis and here is the exact text from their signup process:

“You are eligible to purchase with the $500 matching incentive from Hyundai after your account has been open for at least 30 days. The day you enter your name and email address is the day you created your account. The funds do not have to be in your BoostUp account for the full 30 days.”

You can and I am getting the $1,000 UBER discount offer from every dealer I a speaking with.