2017 Genesis G80 Loaner - $349/mo 15k

Kind of cold to the broker bro. A dealer can make it up. A broker probably won’t. Unless he is making $1500 on every deal.

MF was base (.00011)

RV was 51% but adjusted down for the miles on the car.

I’ll be signing 2017 Genesis AWD Premium for $460 a month with $1,500 up front.
Also I’ll be returning my current lease 2015 Sonata, which has 5 months of payments left. Currently paying $279 for Sonata. Is this a Ok deal?

I live in New York.

What’s the breakdown of the $1,500?

Money factor?
Tax?
MSRP?
Selling price?

We need all the details buddy

Are they completely waiving the payments from the Sonata?

I also have a sonata with 6 months left. Also in New York

Including NY tax and taking over 5 payments of 2015 Sonata? I would say not a deal I would say jump on the Genesis assuming 45k MSRP. If you could get 400 with 0 upfront, that would be sweet :slight_smile:

MSRP was $49,715

And yes they will take my 2015 sonata sport and the payments.

I’ll get more details tomorrow. They had to order the car from other dealers because they had none.

I work for an Auto Group and my Sonata Lease is up in November. At this point I don’t think you can get remotely close to $500 a month on a G80 Sport AWD.

The first one we did was $0 Down $810 a month at full MSRP. I did one with $7000 down for $560 a month a few weeks ago.

I personally am holding out to see what happens with G80 Sport OR 2018 G80 (Body style refresh NOT redesign). incentives.

Missouri has a TON of 2017 G80s on the ground. I’ve considered getting one, but I’m going to hold out a few months for an 18.

Did you go out on and celebrate the killing you made on the suck… em customer?

3 Likes

80% of people in America are payment buyers. I’ve sold over 2000 cars and I’ve never had to lie, cheat or steal from anyone. Believe it or not, people are paying $15,000 over sticker for Honda Civic Type-Rs, $2000 over MSRP for 2018 Odyssey Elites, there’s still wait lists for 3 year old (now) Honda Pilots, Ridgelines, and some HR-Vs. The average car salesperson in America sells 8 cars a month and makes $34,000 a year. I don’t see anything to celebrate there.

If I tell a customer no, someone else will tell them yes. Personally, I wouldn’t pay MSRP for a car. Did you know if you sell a Honda Fit for MSRP, a dealership actually nets negative $118? I’ve sold 3 Fit’s this month, haha.

You act like profit is a dirty word in business. Sounds like a personal problem. Or someone that has had a bad car buying experience before because they’ve been unable to seek out and find a professional to work with. shrug

I wonder what making people pay these amounts for the run-of-the-mill cars is called? Gray area? Just in case: I understand that it’s all free market, free will, etc…

Nope - profit is good. I did not call you names and say that’s exactly what I expect of “stealerships” (a term I learned on this board). I am just wondering if you are one of those salepersons that makes 200k a year (in which case, are you hiring lol).
All good, thanks for posting …

No big deal man. I expect that LESS than 1% of people in the car business make $200,000 a year.

I work with 20 sales people that make $2000 to $3000 a month before taxes and health insurance.

I’m blessed, my family and my current employer are not “stealer ships.” I blame JD Power and the lack of FAPs (fair advertising practices).

The same reasons someone pays $40000 for a Nissan Leaf that’s worth $8000 after 2 years and a $35,000 for Focus that will be worth $15,000 in 2 years.

Really? You are justifying price gouging by talking about low residuals LOL

Nobody ever accused the American consumer of being smart with their money.

Why people still buy Ford, Chevy and Dodge still amaze me. Or take out 72 or 84 month loans.

Chevy has great lease deals from time to time, probably some of the best we’ve ever seen on this forum. Ford makes well-reviewed cars. Focus, Fusion, etc seem to do well in editorial reviews. I agree with you on Dodge.

I suspect people take out long-term loans to lower their monthly payments. As you said earlier, most people are are ‘monthly payment’ shoppers. They would rather pay, say, 260/month on a 72 month loan than 500 on a 36 month loan.

I’ve been in Chevy dealerships with placards on the desks advertising their average interest rate for new buyers… 11% on 84 months. Buyers have eyes bigger than their wallets, and salespeople willing to shoehorn them into something they can’t afford.