2017 Ford Escape Titanium---what to do?

Rather get an X3 for less

How? It seems like every option I even LOOK at on a luxury car jumps the price thousands of dollars. BMW will include maintenance with the vehicle though, right?

This seems extraordinarily high for an Escape, but they just might not have a lot of lease support.

We had a 2015 Escape Titanium with every available option on it and we paid $292 a month with first month and tags at signing including 9.8% sales tax. FWIW, we now lease a 2016 X1 (46k MSRP) for $348/month.

I’m just not good at this yet! But to build an x3 with all the options I would get on the Escape it would put the MSRP at $56,100. So I would need around 47% off MSRP to get the same deal.

So does the lease price sound high, or even the purchase price sound high? ALSO, the dealership pays the property tax and registration for the vehicle all years (and that wraps into the lease payment).

Yes so many variables to consider if you are looking at true total cost.
The problem with the escape titanium is the low RV, although we do not actually know how many miles that RV is for.

You won’t get an X3 for under 400 easily and loaded :slight_smile: It will take all sorts of finagling and MSD etc etc etc

Good point! I went back and edited. Again, I’m apparently not so good at this :slight_smile: I appreciate all the input.

You should try to find a deal like this.

I think BMW discontinues the MSD program. Deals like this are not possible any more.

If you decide to purchase - buy Forester. It has “all the bells & whistles” AND adaptive cruise control in eyesight package for less money.

3 Likes

Even without MSDs, the x3 28 deal would have been cheaper.

In any case, the Ford Escape isn’t good value. If OP loves the Escape, then get it. If she wants value, the Highlander is also better IMO and can be had for cheaper too.

We’ve been looking at the Forrester as well.

I walked away today.

We’re in no hurry but I’m starting to feel like I have analysis paralysis.
Or intrigue fatigue.
Or similar.

Not a great looking car, but safe and has very high resale value

1 Like

It looks like the x3 would be about the same monthly rate but with one or two less options…I wonder which? It does look like a rather good price, though, for a BMW to run the same as the comp Escape! And we need to check out the Toyota, but the RAV4 seems to be the one at the same price point so we haven’t even LOOKED at the Highlander.

And Ursus, that’s EXACTLY how I feel about the Forester! I love the looks of the Outback so much more! :joy:

Can you learn as you go? - yes, do you want to learn on your own mistakes? - maybe - not. With your lack of experience leasing I’d advise to seek help from one of the “local” brokers like DSR Leasing, discuss with them what you want and how much it will cost you. If you want to put in the hours it will require to get “your best” deal, great - DIY and save some money, but if your time is worth more than paying the broker, it could be a very affordable way to go imo.

1 Like

Does BMW still cover 4 years of oil changes? If not, they will cost way more than a Ford.

Edit: They cover 3/36000 now

Right now I would wait until the May incentives get announced, sorted and analyzed. There may be a new vehicle that leases well appear that hasn’t in the past. Plus, your best deal is most likely to occur the last few days of the month.

1 Like

You guys are all so fantastic. And I think you are right and I probably WILL work with a broker because the more I learn here, the more I know that I DON’T know :smiley: But I truly love all of the knowledge, too, and opinions as well! The car research thing has had me quite overwhelmed.

Thanks for having this forum, being new here all of this helps quite a bit. Wife is looking at getting a base Ford Escape Titanium FWD lease for three years as well. Numbers run down effectively as such with my employee pricing:

MSRP: $30,145
Incentives: $3,900

Miles a year: 15,000
$0 Down
$330/Month

My question is, does that sound like a pretty good deal? Additionally, in trying to to negotiate with them, they say as it is the employee pricing the numbers are set and there is nothing they can do? Anyone have any experience trying to negotiate with employee pricing on Fords? Thanks!

I never bought with employee pricing, looked at the numbers and either went with another vehicle or just gave up all together on the purchase.
The numbers on employee pricing never looked as attractive as the numbers I’d negotiate myself, most of the time, so that’s that.
Ask the dealer for all the numbers, plug them into lease calculator and then repost, someone will tell you if it’s any good.
Manufacturers and dealers alike started a creative writing competition so a laymen can never understand what they mean
http://www.ford.com/suvs-crossovers/escape/2017/pricing-and-incentives/

Just finished a deal in NY on a '17 Escape SE with 2.0 EcoBoost and Cold Weather Pack.

$29,730 msrp

36month/12K per year

$229/mo for 36mo everything included except tax
or
$269/mo for 35mo with a true $0 drive off including tax*

• Tax is $1,150. This is not a killer deal for this board by any stretch, but decent for Fords (and for vehicles with steep depreciation in NY). Tax makes getting good deals in NY tough - that and no MSD’s allowed. You pay tax on the total depreciation (incentives don’t help you) not the payment stream. Makes choosing the right vehicle parameters even more important in NY. But the Escape was what was ordered up by “the boss.”