2017 E300 Service Loaner Deal INFORMATION ON HOW I GOT IT BELOW

Wrong, it can’t be used on loaners. Just got it directly from the horse’s mouth

1 Like

Yes [20 chars…]

so is the OP wrong and his sales guy didn’t know what he was talking about?

@Phantomcypher

Did they include the USAA/PenFed rebate in your quote?

1 Like

We can speculate, but we don’t know what his sales guy knew/didn’t know. OP could’ve found out in the finance office, for example. BTW: you have to be PenFed member for 12 month to get any discounts.

Per MB USA

All Fleet incentives must be claimed at the time of purchase/lease. Fleet incentives cannot be used in conjunction with Dealer Employee Purchase Program (DE1), Mercedes Vehicle Plan (MVP), Master Lease Program (MLP), Diplomat, European Delivery, Courtesy Vehicle Program (CVP) vehicle that has not met the minimum service requirement, Special Demos, Competitor Conquest Program, Customer Advocacy Program (CAP), Customer 1 Certificate (C1C), other Fleet programs (Corporate Sales or Executive Allowance Bonus (EAB) or Fleet Employee Program (FEP)) or non-U.S. specification vehicles

What is the minimum service requirement?

Fleet incentives cannot be used in conjunction with…Special Demos

They said they do these all the time, and they are actually not considered “special demos”; they told me that if the car had been titled in the dealer’s name, then it doesn’t qualify. But if it is part of their loaner fleet and remains untitled (they are actually part of MB’s incentive to the dealer) then it’s fine.

It’s a good question about the CVP minimum service requirement. I would assume that with 9000 miles it satisfied it… :slight_smile:

They did ask me how long I had been a PenFed member because of the 12-month minimum requirement. I’ve been with PenFed for 8 years so I was good. I don’t know if USAA has the same stipulations.

@amasih
so you’d have to find a dealer who has retired loaners that were never titled or marked as loaners? Are they treated as new cars with a huge discount?

Based on what is being shared here, I think that makes sense. I wish I could share more knowledge about other dealers, etc., but I’m pretty new to this thing myself… :slight_smile: However, everything was validated by the finance office with me, and they had all of the rebates, etc built out as I originally posted.

That being said, it’s possible that if they submitted the deal to MBFS that it would get rejected. But the finance guy didn’t think much about it.

Is the 12 month minimum listed on the PenFed website? I thought you needed to be a member for 60 days.

Do you know if the dealerships would combine offers for USAA and Fleet discount?

Yep, just check out the link that I posted before
Actually, I saw it on the second link for MB dealer

1 Like

I just tried this deal in Southern California and I cannot seem to replicate it. I called just about every dealer here and this is what happened.

• Not all dealers will have E300s for various reasons.
  • Some did not call me back
  • Some thought it was too crazy of a deal and wasn’t possible. Specifically, the selling price was really really low. The price they were advertised or asking was around 48-50. They don’t know the OP got a selling price of 42,xxx.

The only dealer that gave me anything was House of Imports in Buena Park. This is what I was offered

Selling price: 41700
Mileage on said car: I believe 5000
Security Deposit: 3500
Drive off: 1500
Mileage: 12000

Monthly: 387 (Did not tell me if it included tax or not)

Does anyone have more information on the rebate? I am curious if you aren’t in the military or know anyone who has that qualified to get said rebate. I read on the USAA website that, that one isn’t even offered to you unless you are a vet or know of one. PenFed requires the same, BUT you can donate to some foundation and there is a chance to get into their credit union. I also wanted to know the requirements of said rebate. If someone manages to get in, is there some waiting period after joining in order to get? What is required exactly?

That’s a very good starting point. The rest is finesse. I’m in the same boat, I’ve been working with dealers and no one can seem to come as low as the 42k price.

It’s easy with PenFed - just join one of two (you must be enrolled for 12 month to qualify for discounts):

Voices for America’s Troops
$17.00 (one-time only, non-refundable dues.)*
More Information
– OR –
National Military Family Association
$17.00 (one-time only, non-refundable dues are tax-deductible.)*
More Information

With USAA - only you or member of your family qualify you, not someone you may know.

Here is the deal sheet with all the information. I blocked out the dealer’s name, partial VIN and my information. Otherwise, everything else is intact.

Hope this helps those of you whose dealers are saying it’s impossible.

Of course, this was just for this one car. So I cannot even say whether they would do this again on another car; they may not. But they did it on this one. And it did include a $2,000 PenFed rebate. I had to give them the control number from PenFed (chose them over USAA due to better post-purchase incentives).

2 Likes

So is there room for profit in obtaining this deal and then flipping the lease? Does Mercedes allow lease transfers and if so, are you still liable (like for infinity)?

@bbonly, what is the MSRP

My dealer is stuck at $49,900 as well before the fleet rebate of $2,000. I will continue to try and beat them down as my other lease does not end until November so I can wait for a good deal. They have an abundance of new e classes in the area so I am guessing some more incentives will pop up when the 2018’s start rolling out.