Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [12,000]

MF: [0.00081 or 1.94 APR]
Residual: [13,146]

Total Due At Signing: [$0]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$225]

Zip Code: [48912]
Sales Tax Rate: [6%]

They are not the best deals right now from what I understand (talked to chevygirl as well). But current 2 cars have 168K and the other 148K. Need 1 solid car for long trips. After several emails and quotes between 3 dealers this is the best I got. Manager had to come out to get it down to $225 and clearly didn’t want to do the deal. But I said you matched the same dealer I came from. He said $225 and you got yourself a deal. He said he’s only pulling in $300 after its over and wanted me to promise to give him all 10’s on the survey they will send (I’m aware of the importance of the surveys for the dealers). I’m sure I’m not getting a GREAT deal, but considering where things are at right now with leasing, my situation and being in Michigan, it’s certainly not AWFUL. I’m happy with it. Thoughts are appreciated!

Why not rent a car and pay for unlimited miles just for the few long trips.

My bad for not being more clear. We just want 1 solid car to get us anywhere and either of our currents cars could potentially do something when we are in a position where we need it to be reliable.

You zip shows $1,200 of GM lease cash, so only $1,000 is certificates.
You could probably get an Equinox LT for the same payment or less. Cruze is a decent commuter car though and will get almost 10 mpg better.

Try 24 months, may be same or lower payment and you commit to spending less dough.

If you can wait until the GM Holiday Costco event in October, you can get a bigger discount and likely have bigger GM incentives.

Yeah, they are not all certs. I mis-typed that. Sorry about that. Yeah, the cruze is perfect for us and our driving habits. Gas mileage will be great for us. Made the most sense for us in the end.

We tried 24 and it was actually worse. Sure the payment was lower (not by much) but the residual went up by over $2000 which I didn’t like. IF we wanted to buy it after the lease, the lower residual helps with that and the payment we are at now, doesn’t make it a terrible deal IF we decided to go that route. Probably won’t, but wanted that option if need be.

We are kind of leasing for a low payment right now as we focus on a house and then in three years we’ll evaluate what to do with the car. If we wanted to buy after the fact, I wanted a low residual and low enough payment where it could potentially make financial sense.

Why would you want to buy a 3 year old Chevy out of warranty?
Lease cheaper for 2 years then lease again.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely not saying I am going to, but I wanted that option if for some reason it made sense at that time. I’m sure it won’t but never know. I do my own car work (assuming its not something I can’t do) and we hate having car payments. But right now it makes sense for us. In 3 years…we’ll see where the car is at and what the offers are for leasing again. Should be better than the current deal.

Are you sure you won’t have buyers’ remorse when the next great Chevy lease deal comes along? We’ve seen 3 or more in the last 2 years.

I’d wait til then. You’re thinking of spending 2700 per year just for one car…assuming they are reliable models and unless they are complete money pits that amount of money should be more than enough to keep both your cars going.

Just buy a used car now. The leased car is not going to be worth the residual in two or three years so it will not make sense to buy your leased car.