2017 BMW X3 xdrive28i + most features

It is not that good of a deal on an X3. Every dealer I spoke to started at $1500 below invoice.

1 Like

nice! Itā€™d be worth driving up to LA if i could get rid of that cap reduction.

I was just thinking, if I could find a dealership willing to give me a similar deal on the sDrive, thatā€™d drop the $1k+ immediately. What would invoice be for an sDrive with the same features?

You can compare with the deal here but absent 1k loyalty and other incentives, not seeing much move. You are at around 1k below invoice with 13.2% discount, so itā€™s already good. It can be better for sure, but that will require some arduous negotiation. Also donā€™t forget you are at 12k vs 10k.

That is my deal, and you have to ignore all the other factors other than how far below invoice one can get. It is the only thing you have control over. Everything else just falls into place. When negotiating a lease all you can do is amke sure the MF is not market up (In this case the MF is just wrong),make sure you get as much of a discount off the MSRP and ensure there are no random fees added in.

All I am saying is that it is not hard to get a better straight discount on this type of car. @ng0 you need to find the car first and then try an work out the discount. You canā€™t call a dealer and say I want this sort of discount on a car you may or may not have. Go in or call with all the numbers in front of you for a specific car the dealer has in stock.

hm, you all make good points. I like the idea of just building one on the site and then trying to ask for a certain price on it before discounts. Trying to sift through the inventory on each dealers websites seems nearly impossible. They donā€™t have any way of filtering by features unfortunately.

Just look the dealer in the eye and say - look my Friend Ed tells me he got his X3 for a much bigger discount off MSRP in LA. I would prefer we do this deal here and now than go to LA. So if you can come in at 41k even (8.5 k discount), we have a deal right now.

I think they would counter and you would walk out of there with no downpayment.

:slight_smile: Iā€™ll see what I can do. I figure I have just over a week to really work this deal. Like I said, I may be able to do better on an sDrive if I can find a dealer that has one with the bells and whistles.

If you donā€™t have the time to look for the exact car you want, you think the salesperson has the time to do it, especially if they are getting emails from other buyers as well? If you want a fast reply, tell them EXACTLY which stock number you want from their lot.

You make a good point. Iā€™ll make an effort to sift through all this stuff. :slight_smile:

Can anyone tell me what the invoice is on something like this?

Can anyone help me out? I went through inventory at one of my local BMW dealerships and there is absolutely no mention of special packages for any of the cars. I can take a wild guess at what a car has based on price, but Iā€™d be making some crazy assumptions.

Hehehe - so do you want to buy car or be a pricing and configuration analyst with BMW? All the ideas of search inventory, email all dealers, find the exact one you want are great in theory but require lots of time.

You found the one you liked, you are 1k off your best offer, better negotiate that one than start another wild goose chase.

2 Likes

You guys need to stop making good points. :stuck_out_tongue: I donā€™t mind investing some time into research, but Iā€™m quickly realizing that I canā€™t find the info I need. Iā€™m going to continue emailing all the dealerships within 100 miles and see what I can come up with.

@ng0 I sent you a PM on the forum yesterday with all the details of the person and dealer to call. You should look at their stock and find the car that works and call the sales person mention in the message.

I spent 2 months searching and had 30 tabs open in my browser, one for each dealer on their stock pages. If you want a good deal, you have to work for it. (Unless you have a kind person on a forum, who has done all the hard work, tell you the name of the person to call to get a good deal) :wink:

1 Like

oh weird, I never got a PM from you? Can you check if it sent?

Appreciate all the help!

1 Like

To prevent craziness from setting in, if it were me, Iā€™d short list your top 5 X3ā€™s currently in dealer stock and then negotiate ruthlessly. Find the dealer that is most motivated to sell you an X3. BMW is having a hard time moving their cars for a myriad of reasons and this works in your favor.

Like I said, I donā€™t know how to pick out a vehicle because the websites donā€™t seem to specify what packages each car has. All I can go by is the price which isnā€™t that helpful.

actually, I went to some other dealerships sites and it seems the one near me has the least amount of info. Iā€™ll take a look around.

What do you think invoice is on this car?

http://www.bmwofelcajon.com/new-inventory/detail/2017-BMW-X3-sDrive28i/1185/5UXWZ7C53H0V85716