2017 BMW 540i xDrive Loaner Lease - $507/mo incl tax

Hello All,

New to the forum, very appreciative of all the insight provided. This is my first lease, curious for your thoughts. I live in the midwest, and it seems deals are harder to come by here than on the coasts. I reached a point on this 540 where the dealer wouldn’t budge any further, even though they were willing to discount deeper on a few 530’s (I sent a list of six 5 Series and two 3 Series loaners I was interested in getting terms on, so wasn’t set on the 540 going into it).

MSRP [$64,505]
Discount -$10,528
Lease Credit -$2,000
Conquest (Audi A4) -$1,485
New Graduate Credit -$1,000
Negotiated Price [$49,492]

Acquisition Fee $925
Cap Cost [$50,417]

Residual Value $39,348 (61%, 36 months, 10K/year)
Adjusted Residual Value [$38,352] (loaner with 4,486 miles)

Money Factor 0.00152
Sales Tax 7.875%
Months 36

Depreciation $335
Finance Charge $135
Tax $37
Payment Total [$507]

The document ($175) and DMV fees are not included in the above total. $0 drive-offs otherwise.

1 Like

It is a 540, it seems like a very good deal to me.
24 months?

Solid deal. 540s definitely go for a bit more than the 530s.

Edited the original post, but 36 month term, 10K miles. The equivalence point for 24/36 seemed to be about 18%, which I didn’t reach on this deal.

Since when is BMW offering Conquest discounts, and how did you end up with such a non-rounded amount for your Audi?

I’ve been shopping BMW leases since December, and the conquest only became available the last month or two, as far as I know. My Audi payment is $495/month, and BMW will cover up to three payments. See terms below.

In order to receive the competitive-make payments of up to $700 per lease or finance payment, qualified customers must lease or finance a MY2017 or MY2018 BMW 5 Series through BMW Financial Services NA, LLC by no later than April 2, 2018. Lease and finance contracts are subject to credit approval; not all customers will qualify. Offer applies to no more than 3 of the scheduled monthly payment(s) that have not been paid on the existing contract and may not be used to pay off an existing BMW lease or retail contract. Selling dealer is responsible for making remaining payment on traded-in vehicle. Please bring a copy of your current competitive lease or finance payment invoice showing your account number, payment amount and contract end date. End of terms charges, including but not limited to excess wear and tear, excess mileage, taxes and past-due payments are the responsibility of the original customer. Competitive lease payment offer is transferable pending credit review and is valid through April 2, 2018, and may be combined with other offers unless otherwise stated. Offer is transferable pending credit approval, nonnegotiable and not redeemable for cash. See your local BMW Center for details.

Very good deal, did you pick this up in Westchester?

Killer deal! Great job!

Edmunds shows $3000 for lease credit, maybe you can get another $1000?

https://www.edmunds.com/bmw/5-series/2017/st-401697999/deals/

It’s 2k, read the fine print of the $3k rebate.

“May not be used on Lease/Owners Choice contracts”

Where on that link does it say 3000?

On the link there is an incentives + click that says $4000 lease cash. I am not following the fine print, its not a owners choice contract (I don’t think) and not allowing you to apply a lease bonus against a lease makes no sense to me. Can you explain the fine print?

The Edmunds label is wrong. It’s a retail credit. That’s all.

There is definitely no 4000. All it shows is 2k lease cash on your provided link

Ah, anyone know where to get reliable data on BMW incentives, Edmunds apparently has typos and the BMW site seems to leave a ton of actual incentives not listed.

Which vehicle are you interested in?

nylife you may be in a different zip that doesnt have the typo? I am in 22201

Lease Bonus $ Offer

Requirements and Restrictions:

Retail Select Credit can be used in conjunction with vehicles that utilize Retail or Select financing through BMW FS. May not be used on Lease/Owners Choice contracts.
Customer $ Offer Start End
$4,000 Lease Bonus Cash

$2,000 lease credit or $3,000 purchase credit, so Edmunds probably has outdated/mislabeled incentives.

@BMW_Dave is usually a good place to start, he has a thread in the Marketplace for current month incentives, RV, etc.

1 Like

I am looking for the best deal, looking mainly at loaners - have options for 2018 330i 3-series wagon, 2018 330i/340i 3-series GT, 2017/2018 5-series 330i/340i. Like most people on this forum looking for the best ratio to MSRP would be happy with any of those cars.

This deal was in the upper midwest, not many dealerships were willing to play ball up here.