2017 Audi A3 E Tron Premium Plus, tech pkg- bad deal?

This was on a 2017 A3 E-tron w/ Virtual cockpit?

The best Audi quote I got was a Premium Plus w/ Tech package and Bang & Olufsen with 2k due and $499/month. But this was with a 30 month term (when my Tesla Model 3 is to be delivered). The e-tron is a nice car, but it’s not really a good EV car. Your only get 16-20 miles range, and that’s with babying it. Only 34 mpg combined fuel efficiency in hybrid mode which isn’t all that great vs the Volt’s 42. Also the engineering of the Volt is different. The main powerplant is the Electric motor, even when running on gasoline. The Audi has to switch between the electric and ICE engine unless you floor it and it uses it both. I find the Audi interior superior, but the Volt has more incentives and way more EV Range.

As for the ‘A4 Ultra’, it’s not technically a compliance like the PHEV or EVs (where you have to offer them to do business in certain states). But it’s their way to lower their overall fleet MPG CAFE requirements. It’s a real nice car though for the money. At 35k MSRP, you get Android Auto and Car Play standard. The downside is that it’s FWD and not Quattro. So it’s going to handle more like a Jetta than an Audi or BMW.

Yes, that is Prem. Plus with Tech (Virtual Cockpit). It did not include the Bang & Olufsen, which was a bummer.

I agree: interior is nicer in the Audi, and better visibility too. Slightly more room in the back seat, and feels larger because of the height of the rear windows vs. the Volt’s sloping roofline (not very comfortable for adults in the back seat). And I also agree that the Etron’s drivetrain teases at being a partial EV without really going far enough.

Though the Volt feels a little more plasticy inside than I’d like, it sure does have a lot of neat technology and I love that most of my drives won’t burn a drop of gas. Now I just need to get that solar on the roof… so here begins research, round 2.

So did you purchase the Volt gen 2 or are you leasing it for 36 months until something better comes along? Why not the Bolt?

I’m leasing Gen 2 Volt for 36 months. I’m excited about what will be released in the next couple of years (heard lots of rumors from the sales people of a lot of makers).

The Bolt is nearly impossible to be found and GM isn’t incentivizing it very heavily because it’s a hot item right now. The Volt, even fully loaded, ended up being a great deal (I think). Most of my trips will probably still fall in the all EV range of the Volt without firing up the generator once.

Mine was 52% 15K/36, not great, but the government rebates help.

Local dealer quoted me .45 RV on 12k 36 mo. God damn they have a sense of humor at audi.

Hi, I got a quote for an Audi A3 e-tron premium plus. It’s got technology and sport package, along with a few other goodies. Is this a decent deal?

MSRP: $49,415
Discounted price: $48,415
36 months lease- 7,500 miles per year, $5,000 down + $4,502 fed. tax credit
Payment is $504 plus tax ($547.25 with tax)
Residual $26,189.95 (53%)

Thanks

$1k discount? $5k down? :thinking:

If anyone in socal wants an E Tron today, I had a dealer work this deal out for me but decided against the car.

Forgive the vague details as this is based off of memory, I remember the key parts. Also I have contact info for whoever is interested. This is for today only -5/31.

Audi A3 Etron
White exterior
Chestnut brown leather
Sports package
Homelink
All weather mats
Heated seats
Panoramic sunroof
Some other small options.

MSRP- 43,245
Sale price before rebates- 36,XXX (little over 14%)
Rebates -4502 federal, 500 conquest
MF .00036
Residual - 49%
15k/36mo
1199 total drive off including registration, first payment etc.
San Diego county sales tax
Payment is 378.xx including tax.

Sorry it’s not crystal clear, like I mentioned this is based off memory, has key details of the deal.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty good deal. Rare to see Audi dealers discount so much off MSRP before incentives. Thanks for sharing.

I agree, unfortunately it wasn’t going to work out for my household after all so I decided I could at least try to pass it on. CVRP makes this a better deal. If you need less than 15k miles also.

Hey can you share the dealer?

It was Audi of Escondido.

Any update regarding Audi A3 etron lease deals?

I’m in Northern CA - think its worth calling around to dealerships in SoCal for Audis?