2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia 27months 10K miles - $336.68 including tax +$1400 drive off

That looks correct. You’re essentially paying for 40% of the price you negotiate over 2 years plus fees taxes and finance charges. The risidual was lower than it could have been because I needed 15k miles a year.

If you take a 40k giulia instead of a 50k giulia the numbers start to look more consumer friendly.

You should’ve got about 5k discount before additional 1% FCA, and then 3.5k incentives. And 11k down?..

Ah ok so it’s not fleet, it’s just “employee pricing”. In that case it worked against you, you probably could have scored 10% off before incentives like Ursus said but you’re close enough.

That would have been awesome but they wouldn’t touch that. The closest I could get was about 5500 with incentives before I told them about about the TVA pricing. I tried and tired.

I didn’t wanna shoot the fax bullet unless I absolutely had to. I’ve seen ppl leave money on the table doing this before. Either I didn’t negotiate hard enough or they aren’t willing to take 5k off before incentives.

TVA = FCA sorry for the mistype.

Not so close - extra $2k discount = ~83/mo.

I’m not sure where you find 5k before incentives.

The invoice isn’t 5k lower according to my research.

Has nothing to do with invoice, its 10% discount off MSRP like @Siejammy explained.

Yeah I hear you.

Kuddos to anyone who’s been able to work a 5k + incentives rebate deal. I tried my hardest to work a deal that was better than the fca discount but it wasn’t happening at the 2 dealers I tried to negotiate with.

Yikes … great car but not great/lousy deal even with the 15k.
Over at the giulia forums and here, 10% discount off the bat is pretty much the norm – with 12-14% not uncommon.

Either way … it’s only money – go enjoy your ride.

Great car, rough deal. In 27 months, we will help you on the next one. Drive the hell out of it.

I mean the type of discount not withstanding… I got 13.5% off MSRP. I feel that’s fairly solid. They weren’t gonna go any lower on a 2018.

Let me know if you guys have found a better deal. I’d love to hear specific details.

You got 7% off MSRP with FCA, the rest are incentives. But like others said, enjoy your Alfa.

1 Like

Don’t worry about it. I one pay leased an MDX last year. Wife and I went in with intention to pay cash but only way to get deal done was lease since that gave us extra rebate 1750 rebate. At that point I knew little about leasing. I found this site a month later through Reddit reference. I did fine on my lease due to knocking down sale price but nothing anyone here would say is a good deal.

Learn more about leasing, God knows it complicated, and next time you will do better. That is my plan for when my ten year old civic finally dies (hopefully soon)