2016 Fiat 500e lease OCFiat (California)

May not be the best place to post this but does anyone know if the car will be reliable to drive 50 miles a day round trip? Thanks

Yea, been driving it for almost 2 years now(60 miles round trip), never let me down! Love it! Sad to let it go but, need more range for my new job.

50 miles a day round trip is less than what I drive it everyday round trip.

There are some caveats though - donā€™t expect to drive it 50 miles round trip everyday without having access to a level 2 charger. And donā€™t expect to drive it balls out those 50 miles round trip.

My car regularly finishes the charging cycle with 90-100 miles showing available everyday.

Do you guys know a cheap electrician for a level 2 charger? My garage is a 125 feet away from the electric panelā€¦

1 Like

Looks like you are going to need the trench digger and then electrician, if you have the electrician dig, it would become exponentially expensive. Where do you live?

Newport Beach CA. We already have electric lines up in the air between the garage and the house. But it seems difficult to find someone doing it for a descent price. Making things even more complicated, the house is a rental.

Trying to get confirmation that the carpool stickers will be allowed again on plug ins. The volt may be a better option.

Fiat dealer really trying to sellā€¦they called me multiple times. Of course they told me I would do fine on 110V which I highly doubt, putting 50 miles a day.

All Electric or CNG cars get white stickers - white stickers are issued under an unlimited amount. Plug-in hybrids, like the Volt are no longer eligible for carpool stickers.

I have the number of a very good electrician who was very fair in their pricing. Call Angelo - (909) 206-7513 see if heā€™s willing to take the job. He replaced my main panel for - a job a little too big for me to try. I added my own sub-panel to my house and have wired both of my evseā€™s (I even built one of them from openevse).

You can always do the work yourself - its not rocket science, and you can find the ā€œhow toā€ on youtube very easily.

Yea, donā€™t have anyone in Newport but Iā€™d definitely advise you to check and get an approval from the landlord in writing. Not only you will be forking out the cash for the project, but may end up paying for removal as well.

The expensive part is the copper cable

Putting 50 miles a day should not be the factor for u to get lv2. U will get fully charge in 10 hours. Which most people do when they r at home.

Yes, it should charge in 10 hours but probably 5 of them will be charging at the higher rate for electricity. So maybe you are right, just calculate how much more you will pay charging at lv1 over the lease term and see if it comes out less than paying for the EVSE and the installation. For now my cars are charging between midnight and 5am, then I have the charge stop automatically because the rate goes up at 5am.

My commute will be similar to yours, about 44 miles. How much ā€œmileageā€ do you use up one way? I havenā€™t leased the Fiat yet but am very interested in it for $50+ a month. My work parking garage has a charging station that Iā€™ll have access to but with stop-and-go traffic, and AC running in the summer, I have ā€œrange anxiety.ā€

one way 44 miles or both ways? 44 miles both ways would be a no brainer. Stop and go traffic is great for mileage btw. It is better for people who commute during rush hour since it will recharge it self more efficiently (my opinion).
AC affect about 5-10% of your mileage.
Summer, like in So Cal, is great for mileage as well. From what iā€™ve noticed, mileage drop from Max ~100 miles down to about ~80 miles range when it is during winter. To me, the cut off between the two is around 72 F, anything that is colder, you will get less range, vice versa. hope this help, let me know if u want more answer.

44 miles both ways and during rush hour. And I was just reading about that - Regenerative Braking. This lease sounds like a win-win. And thank you, thatā€™s great information about the weather and range.

Is there any other deals available? for this car or for any similar car, with similar EV range. I think I qualify for the $2500 rebate.

Spark ev. I think.:slight_smile:

Whatā€™s more spacious, spark or fiat500e ?

Came back from OCfiat dealer. I had no probs with the woman who walked me through everything, but I just couldnā€™t go through signing due to the conditions.

It seems to me that all of their buyers are all leases, since from the advertisements, it seems like an attractive deal until you factor in all of the expenses.

Letā€™s see you qualify for the top tier, you have good credit > 800, your off to a good start.

2 weeks ago, they had lease specials on all Orange Fiats. This week, they have specials on all gray fiats at 49 and 10 bucks more at 59 for the white ones.

Mind you I had the intention of signing 3 year lease with qualified conquest 1k + qualified CA 2500 rebate. That leaves 800 TTL to pay today.

I tried to negiotiate on white from 59 to 49, no budge.
I tried to negiotiate on gray at 49 with 12k miles/year instead of 10k (normal) no budge

Once you made it through stage 1, you go to stage 2, they insist that you opt for the optional wear and tear package which will cover tires, dents, etc, otherwise you will end up paying 500/600 more at the end of the lease when they take it back. BTW, you will also end up paying 395 reposition fee at the end when you turn in your fiat at the end of 3 years.

All in all, your 49+tax ~ 54 / month lease quickly turns into ~85-90 / month if you factor in reposition fee at the end of the lease. Mind you this also does not include any of the ā€œelectrictyā€ that you will need to pay to fuel the car every night.

Car comes with L1 charger - off a 110V outlet, about 23 hours to charge to full (from manual) They sell the 240v charger for 599, but I was told you should just get it at homedepot for 499.

Should you take this lease you can ask them for wear and tear at 15 instead of 20 ā€“ it helps, but not much.

22 for HOV sticker these days and you will wait about 1 month.

All in all, it just adds up. Mind you, this car will get around 80 depending on ā€œnormalā€ not driving like a maniac on the highway. My trip was for 60 miles and even I had some range anxiety. I literally test drove the car today again, 87% when I got in, and 84% when i left and It was about 1 mile. Service tech says, itā€™s because itā€™s a new car. Iā€™m just skeptical.

Hope this info helps someone. They may be rotating these fiats around, but definitely not flying off the shelves and into driveways.

You got suckered if you paid for something you didnā€™t want. They offered the wear and tear to me and I said no, no other questions asked.

I posted the deal I got - you can see there were no extras.

Lets say youā€™re paying $129 a month (because thats what Iā€™m paying for 12K 3/yr)

$129 x 36 = $4644 total out of pocket for 3 year lease.

$4644 - $2500 state rebate = $2144

$2144 / 36 = (imagine this) $59 real monthly payment minus rebate

The car easily gets 80 miles a day. I donā€™t ever look at the mileage prediction, I look at the battery level. I drive this car every day.

Why would you buy a level 2 charger from homedepot when you could buy one from openevse for $300?

You better take a look on the road, tons of people are buying them. There are at least a dozen at my office - including my boss, who just got his second one after the lease ran out on his first fiat 500e

Thanks for your input bill. They tried to sell me on the fact that you will need to replace the no matter what at the end of the lease but i said, what if I thereā€™s still some tread left? And if so, what type of tires?

I was told that the $2500 was the CA rebate that Iā€™d have to pay now and wait 1 month or so until I get it back from CA state.

So really effectively itā€™d be $49 + $15 (wear and tear) = $70 (with taxes) + 800 TTL due upon signing. Need to think about it for a bit, wish the white was avail, but probably will pull trigger soon since this is really for HOV access (hope it doesnā€™t get too clogged! with all these fiats!)

15 a month for wear and tear does not seem excessive but if you are sure you will have low mileage and no dings, you can firmly but politely decline. At 49 a month this is a great deal. True there are overheads like 800 fees and ttl, disposition fee etc but unavoidable in any lease. And while you are at it, donā€™t forget to budget another 40 or so a month for insurance. So yes the 49 a month lease does end up having a total operating cost of around 120 a month after all is said and done but still a good deal if a 2 door ev works for you