2016 Chevy Malibu 1LT...How did I do?

Leased a 2016 Malibu 1lt in Butte Red with Jet black leather in New York today. Car is being shipped from the factory, Leather, Sun and wheels package and technology package,with Navigation. Qualified for the Conquest rebate. MSRP of $30,180, 39 months, 12k a year with 1650 down to cover first month’s payment, tax, tags, fees, etc. 207 a month for the remaining 38 payments, before my GM reward points are applied when I come to take delivery. After that it should be about 180 a month, maybe a little less since I put the 1650 down with the GM card, which has about 992 dollars worth of value right now, and should be more at delivery in the next 10 days. How does that sound? Don’t have money factor and residual on me yet but I’ve been working dealers for a week now beating them up and I got a guy in Pennsylvania to come down to the 207, knowing that this dealer I went to would ultimately match anything legit I brought him.

1 Like

I posted on the other thread, but yup, looks like a fantastic deal!

Typically all-new, redesigned models are more expensive to lease. $207/month, including taxes, is great for a relatively loaded $30K car.

Thanks, I’m really excited to go pick it up, and with the points and cash down I’m paying about the same per month as I would have paid to sign and drive a BASE Accord LX. I worked a dealer in Pennsylvania down to the same payment, and he would have had the car delivered to me, but I work in New York anyway, and my dad was helping me out with the GM points; he really wanted me to go with him and see his guy, so it all worked out well. I couldn’t have done any of this without my brother’s help, he used to sell cars and really helped me understand the process and how to work the dealerships. At one point I had about 5 Chevrolet dealers pitted against one another. The guy closest to me in NJ was close in price and promised me a free TV, but wouldn’t commit to a number that would beat what I had without coming down. His car had a bunch of overpriced junk I didn’t need like 200 dollar floor mats and a 500 dollar grille, but everything else was the same, no Navigation though.