2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD with Bose/Moonroof

Curious if this is a good deal for a high mileage lease? Thanks!
Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD with Bose/Moonroof]
MSRP: [$28,600]
Selling Price: [$25,598]
Rebates: [$500]
Trade-in: [$0]
Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [25,000]
MF: [don’t know]
Residual: [don’t know]
Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing [$1462]
Total Monthly payment including sales tax [$354]
Zip code 01560

looks like bullshit deal, there is 1250 lease cache on this model, not 500, MF seems to be marked up

you saw the mileage was 25k/year? figuring $0.15/mile for an extra 39k miles would be an extra $5850. is this still a bad deal?

That isn’t accounted for in the payment.

That’s great for 25k miles a year. Can you confirm this payment of 354 is for 25k miles a year, 75k miles total?

Yes, confirmed. The offer i was emailed was “36 months at 25k miles per year with only the inception fees ($1462) due at signing = $332 base payment or $354 with sales tax included”

I would take the deal. Seems reasonable for 75k miles. Financing would cost you the same or more with that many miles and leave you with an oddball (3 year old car with 75k miles) that is hard to sell on.

Wow, that’s a lot of driving! I’ve never heard of a lease with so many miles, but seems like a pretty decent deal considering it’d be a heavily used car by the time you return it! I wonder if it’s worth purchasing a car if you’re going to be putting that many miles on it?

There are CPO programs that have warranties limited to X years but unlimited miles. E.g. Mercedes is 5 years (from in-service date) and Infiniti is 6. So you could buy a 3yr old Infiniti and drive it for another 3 years and unlimited miles while being under warranty. Tires and other wearables will need to be replaced, but that would probably be true in a 75k lease as well. I’ve seen 2015 Q40s advertised for 20K

That’s a great deal. Take it. 25k miles a year is twice what they normally give. So for 332 a month that is an amazing deal

They will call after lease signing and say they made a mistake and finance company would not fund it. And they need to modify contract for 15K miles/year with the same monthly payment, but extra 10K/year can be purchased now. Just saying.

That’s okay. Put no money down and return the car when they call you with the mistake. Safe travels :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m curious what would happen if you just kept the car and didn’t sign any new contract and just paid as if there was no issue. Would the dealership really have any recourse?

They will only call you back to redo the lease when they did not get funding or they never sent contract to the bank. So there is no one to pay to, anyway.

ah gotcha. Thanks for the info. Seems to sketch that you could sign a contract at the dealership that they’re not bound to.

The contract will have language saying it’s contingent on being “assigned” to the leasing company or bank.