2015 Toyota Camry XSE, NO PAYMENTS!

Again, I’m sure that title sounds too good to be true but let me explain.

My father has a 2015 Toyota Camry XSE, that has a V6 in it, JBL Audio, Keyless start, Premium wheels, Moon roof, and blind spot monitor, just to name a few (there’s likely more options it has, we just need to find the MSRP Window sticker) it originally had an MSRP of around $34.5k.

The original deal he got was not hackr worthy but you live and learn. Here’s the run down.

There is about 10 months left on the lease, the allotted mileage is 36k and it has roughly 35k miles, the whole lease has been paid off.

So we are asking that the person who takes this over just pay the Toyota FS transfer fee of $200 (I believe), and you could purchase additional miles at $0.15 a mile.

My father was getting ready to just go and turn it in because he is almost capped on his mileage, but I thought that maybe someone would want to pick it up and just buy some additional miles and drive it for the next 10 months.

Car is in pretty good condition I would say, the tires are going to likely need replacing when turned in, and there is a scratch on it that should buffer out. We are open to having an inspection done on it.

I think it’s a decent deal. I am typing this on my phone so I will update later. PM me if you are interested. Will post pics of the car in a bit.

We are located in Southern California.

1 Like

So it’s $200 and approx $150/mo if you drive 1k miles. Does Toyota let you buy miles earlier to get a discount to something like $0.10 or $0.12/mile instead of $0.15?

Hmmmm very interesting and creative way to get rid of car and get someone a cheap deal if they drive few miles a month

How’s the wear and tear? Anything that new owner would get dinged for? I just turned in my 2015 a month ago and didn’t get charged anything but it was a 2 yr lease. Curb rash on rims had me worried and some body work I had done but it passed and is now in Northern CA for sale as a Toyota certified used vehicle lol

The obvious question is “what condition is the car in?” Any damage? Any excess wear and tear?

A skeptical person would look at this and think “this guy isn’t getting anything out of a lease transfer so… maybe he’s trying to avoid some issue upon lease return.” Not saying that’s the case, but you may want to give some more detail to put that kind of concern to rest. Cheers!

Well, the alternative is is turning it in then no one gets it. The only thing that comes to mind, is that tires are likely going to need replacing when it is turned in, and there’s a scratch on it that should buffer out. Otherwise, great condition, my father takes great care of his cars.

Do a free autovin inspection that Toyota allows… And you will have a clear number that you may have to pay apart from normal wear and tear.

2 Likes

+1000 for willwar. Not only he gets free cars from GM (presumably using aforementioned toyota) but he also gives away free cars too. What a guy!!! In my books, he is leasehackr #1. And all this at the ripe old age of 29!!

Bingo Bongo! If you have this report @willwar14 then the person assuming will have no fears or questions on what they’ll get dinged on when they assume.

Who told you I’m 29? Subtract about 10 from that and you have my age lol.

Did anyone think of the warranty? 3yr/ 36 months, so driving a leased car without warranty …

lol @ worrying about a Toyota breaking down in the last 10 months of the lease at 35k miles…

2 Likes

The car will still have the 60 month/60,000 miles drivetrain warranty.