2015 BMW 528xi Lease Takeover

Hi,

I currently have 8 months left on my BMW lease and I am wanting to get an SUV. I’m located in Boise, Idaho.

2015 BMW 528xi lease (original MSRP was $62,135)

Luxury Line, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package & Harmon Kardon Sound. Was leased brand new. Vehicle is in great shape. Normal wear and tear. Mineral White Metallic/Mocha Nappa Leather.

I have about 8 months left on the lease. I am at about 23k miles right now. Total lease mileage is 30,075 miles (10k/miles per year) and I leased it in May 2015.

I am paying $655 per month including tax.

I’m looking for someone to take over my lease.

Doubt you will find any takers here with that payment without incentives to bring payment down.

$655/month?!?!?!?!?!?

Sorry to tell you but at that payment, you won’t find anyone here to take over for you. Most of us here are looking for the best deal. Maybe if you include some incentives to drive the monthly payment down. Good luck with your search.

Like others said before me- you’ll most likely need to offer an incentive.

What is the car payoff at turn in? Where is it located?

Car is located in Boise, Idaho. Buyout at the end of the lease is $39,766

Sorry, but that’s a crazy high payment for 528…

550 with M-package would do it!

@nickcos just an FYI - BMW doesn’t allow lease transfers during last 6 mo of lease term so you’d have to find someone quickly. Truth be told, it would take a lot of incentives and then someone would have pay to transport the car from Idaho, it looks like an uphill battle.

1 Like

Boise is actually not that far for someone from the west coast or Denver/SLC/Las Vegas. Less than a day’s drive, plus a cheap Southwest flight.

The problem is the price!! $700/mo with tax for a 3 year old 5-series.

OP: You have about $5200 left. If you really want to get rid of it and don’t want to eat that amount, consider offering 1/2 of it as an incentive. At $350ish, someone will bite,. Maybe even me :slight_smile:

As others have said, it’s going to be more hassle than it’s worth to offload it. Nobody in their right mind would even consider this unless you literally cut the payment in half, and even then you’ve got to find someone who wants to fly in to Boise to pick it up. This is assuming the vehicle has no blemishes. And you need to do it quickly since your 6-month cut off for lease transfer is coming up soon.

Just suck it up for 8 months unless you’re willing to eat a few thousand, or unless you’re trying to make your problem someone else’s problem if there is damage on the car.

1 Like

Thanks for everyone’s input. I really like this forum, it is very helpful and will definitely continue to follow it.

Might just take advantage of the S90 Competitor Lease Relief Program here in 2 months. We leased a 2017 Volvo S90 in February and we love it, wouldn’t mind having another one.

1 Like

BMW normally runs a pull ahead program and can waive between 2-4 payments to get you into a new BMW. Go to carmax and get your car evaluated, you payment is close to 150 more than what I pay on mine so you might have a lower residual. Check out the price difference and see if you can sell it and get out of the lease.

chances are close to zero that he has any equity …old model and a sedan … carmax doesn’t want any of it. But i agree with @gluck, it can’t hurt to go to carmax and get a quote, maybe there’s an off chance they might give you a good price because they ship cars to texas because of the flooding etc. Who knows…but i doubt it

Thanks for the suggestion @gluck I asked my local BMW dealer about a pull-ahead and they said a 6 months I could get out and BMW would waive 3 of the 6 payments and I could roll the other three into my next lease but I don’t want to do that.

I will look into CarMax

Except lose X hours of your life that you will never get back.

1 Like

That’s the perfect solution for you, just get Volvo cash and pay off your BMW. And if you do it now (before Oct 2) you will also get $3K Costco on top.

if you go on a non-weekend day early in the AM you’re going to spend less than 1 hr at carmax.

That’s still 1 hour too many :grinning:

LOL it is a painful hour but no way around at least 1 hr