2014 Mercedes ML350 BlueTec For Sale (30,950 miles)-$26,995

needed to edit the subject line…please remove post. Thx.

8 Likes

Much love for this vehicle… used to have one.

3 Likes

Now that’s a detailed for sale AD

I would try
Carvana CarMax give me the vin see what they come back at

2 Likes

I definitely have a soft spot for these―my first car was a 2002 ML320 in silver with a black leather interior and the wood trim. If I were not picking up my new car on Saturday, I truly would have considered this. It looks absolutely immaculate, good luck with the sale!

PJ

1 Like

the VIN is right on the window sticker…Carmax came back the strongest at $23k

“Give me the VIN” is a place to sell your car like CarMax

Edit : more like an online retailer such as vroom

1 Like

I was asked about the extended warranty. Here are the details…

Upon completion of the Approved Emission Modification (AEM) (completed 5/2021 @ Mercedes of Paramus), certain components
will have an extended warranty for the greater of 4 years/48,000 miles from the date of installation (ie, to 5/2025) of the Emission Modification or 10 years/120,000 miles from the initial sale date of the vehicle. This extended warranty remains with the vehicle and is fully transferable to subsequent owners until expiration. Appears to cover all OBS2 scans, even if they had nothing to do with the above modifications (troubleshooting the fault codes could be chargeable but reporting the codes is not). Further details regarding this warranty may be found at https://BlueTecUpdate.mbusa.com .

Someone also asked me about towing.

Our 2014 ML350 BlueTec is equipped with the factory towing package. We’ve never used this feature but there’s plenty of discussion online regarding the Mercedes BlueTec towing capabilities. Here are some comments from the AirStream forum. With its 455 ft lbs of torque, the 6-cyl BlueTec has a factory quoted towing capacity at 7,200 lbs.

1. Well I was truly surprised at the pulling power the Mercedes ML 350 Bluetec has. Went up into the North Carolina mountains with 25 foot Airstream and could not believe how easily she was pulling. I thought I would get more than 14 mpg overall but the trip was 850 miles in total. I did 65 mph on the highway and may drop that down next time as getting down to 55 mph does decrease the consumption considerably. Anyhow, an incredible small powerhouse. My Tahoe would have been struggling at the same inclines and drinking well below the 9 mpg that we got when towing in flat Florida earlier this year.

2. Note that the 2015+ model year US diesel is a ML250 BlueTec (turbo diesel 4-cyl). I test drove it and was kind of disappointed. As with all diesels, torque was sufficient off the line, but unlike the 350 BlueTec it started feeling underpowered too early reaching highway speeds. I’ll keep looking for a certified pre-owned 350…the 4cyl does not have the tow rating for the larger Airstreams and would be over worked trying to tow a 30’ model.

3. Maneuverability is definitely an issue when NOT towing. That’s really the biggest benefit of having an ML…how the vehicle behaves, comfort and fuel economy when you aren’t towing.

4. A Mercedes dealer can use the VIN to determine what options the vehicle has. A factory hitch (installed at the factory during production) has extra reinforcement built into the chassis , which is valuable. Aftermarket hitches won’t have that - I doubt that even a factory M-B hitch installed later could include that reinforcing member.

5. I traded a fully loaded 2012 Sierra HD Denali for our 2014 ML350 Bluetec for a host of reasons and would not go back even towing our new 2015 30’ Bunk. I will admit the extra power is missed on the high steep Colorado passes but it is such a tiny portion of our overall trailering it just did not make sense to keep the truck which did not fit in my garage, my wife would not drive, is hard to maneuver, rough riding especially on concrete highways and not exactly fuel efficient. From Boise to Denver never dropped below 65 and averaged better than 16mpg.

1 Like

Where in NJ are you located?

In Bergen County (Emerson).

Phenomenal level of attention and detail in this post, GLWS

6 Likes

Honestly anyone thinking about buying this don’t hesitate. If this level of attention to details anything to go by then this car should be best of what you kind find from a meticulous owner. If I needed another car I’d be heading over to check it out.

Thanks for the bump. I looked at my competition online and the two lowest mile 2014 ML350’s I could find anywhere are more expensive than what is offered here. Plus they have 20k+ more miles.

1 Like

When we first got the car, there was a 4wd 1200hp Dynapack chassis dyno sharing the garage with the ML. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to do any runs with the car here. Now its just a garage with a bunch of stuff.

3 Likes

I hate to be the bad guy.
This doesn’t appear to be a lease transfer. Last I checked we are not Autotrader.
And common… the price is $5000 over covid era wholesale. This is not gonna sell here.

1 Like

This is a “private transfer”…of an asset, not a liability. A “one-pay” lease with a “$0” buyout. In all seriousness, I saw other people with “For Sale” listings on this forum and with not a lot of inventory out there these days, this might hold someone over for a year or two until the market opens back up. If you’re a moderator here, feel free to kill my listing and any “for sale” postings or just move it to the “Off Ramp” section.

1 Like

Changed to “For Sale”.

2 Likes

Moved it to “Marketplace”. Thanks!

If I could sell my landcruiser quickly I’d snatch this up!

Mileage is up a little bit but fortunately our replacement vehicle finally came in after a 13 month wait and should be delivered this week. Car will be ready for inspection, test drive and resale by June 23.