2014 BMW 320i Quote

So Im kinda new here, but I just got this quote from BMW in Roseville and was wondering why it was so high. I understand that leasing a CPO vehicle may not be the best option but I assumed it would be cheaper than buying a new one yet the payments. Any way to bring down the cost of this car or do I just need to start looking at newer BMW’s for a better deal?

There is no lease support for old vehicles so you’re stuck paying whatever they ask. You can definitely get a 2017 demo for less than that payment…

The cost of those payments over 36 months is $2k short of the selling price of the car. So you could honestly just finance over 3 years with 10% down for that same price if you really like it that much.

I dont really want to finance anything and would rather stick to leasing but I will definitely be checking out 2017 demos for a better deal. Thank you for the information!

Wait, what? You’d rather pay 15k and give the car back than rather pay 17k to keep it? Am I missing something here?

2 Likes

I’m actually not from the US so I only need a car for around 3 years. If I decide to finance the car and keep it, I will have the hassle of selling it before I leave so I’d rather just lease and give it back to the dealership.

Leasing and financing are both a loan you are taking out, with leasing you are just paying the value of depreciation. For this car the lease makes no sense, you are paying almost the entire value of the car either way.

This is a terrible financial choice. If you have money to burn why are you looking at a 320?

As @dukez pointed out, this lease is a horrendous deal. I am currently looking for a better deal on 2018 or 2017 demo/exec. 3 series. This is actually my first time leasing a car so Im just trying to figure out what the best way is to lower my total cost. I thought looking at a used car would help lower the payments but since it is the same/ higher than a new one, I might as well spring for the newer car.

Well you are in luck my friend, the forum has been flooded with BMW dealers in CA showing some generally good deals on demos. Check the marketplace section or hit up @bmwdave

Leasing this car is a horrible idea. If you are here in the US temporarily and will leave in 3 years anyway, you should lease a cheaper car like a Chevy Cruze or Hyundai Accent or something that closes less than $200 a month. Sometimes those cars go for $99 a month.

There are better or similar deals for a new Bmw 3 series and especially ones that have been driven as loaners

Or buy a used Toyota or Honda for $3000-5000 and sell it

Those are all better better options than leasing a used bmw