'18 Dodge Charger Tips/Pricing

I have decided to actively pursue getting a Dodge Charger. After driving it, I was immensely surprised. I was initially going to replace my Mustang GT. However, family on the horizon, four doors is necessary… But so is my sanity and fun.

What is a typical deal for these 18s!? I have 4000 in rebates off the bat. I have TWO demos by me. One has 4700. Not sure on the other. What would be a good discount on these!?

My first offer was for a Daytona 392. 50K sticker for 45k sales price. 1k towards tax. 520 a month for 39 months. USAA alone says this is about 4K too much. But that is my ‘first’ offer. I believe my ‘threshold’ would be 425-450.

Also, if you have a Charger, please share your deals.

Note. This is NOT my first lease.

I hate to be that guy but there is a search button that will help you a lot, search “charger scat pack” and you will see lots of posts including quite a few detailed explanations by myself, with that being said $520 is too much especially for a loaner, you should be aiming for 400s for the 392s

No worries about being ‘that guy’

I did a quick search and didn’t feel like there was anything necessarily new or relevant to that. I could be completely wrong.

I appreciate it. I thought it as well. I got a few more insulting offers that are starting to scare me in terms of netting even a ‘solid’ deal going forward.

1 Like

go to my profile and take a look at some of my posts if you haven’t, it should help you gauge pricing, how to start pricing with dealers, residual values, mf, etc. etc. but to perfectly honest unless you are looking for a hellcat or a srt 392 (discontinued for 2019) your best deal will probably come next year. The residuals for 18s are too low and the 19s are too new for dodge to have high residuals with low money factors (dont ask me why dodge does this but they do) maybe try at the end of December for a large discount or at the begining of next year when the residuals are higher, And oh yeah dont be scared off by dealers insulting prices, I went through 30+ dealers to get the deal and options on my hellcat that I wanted.

I keep getting horrible deals and dealers are acting like it is impossible to get what we are talking about.

47K scat pack with 1K down for 541 a month. Whaaaa

1 Like

I’ve started taking my attention over to Swapalease.

Numbers are consistently horrible and dealers get offended when you suggest otherwise.

“So many factors go into leasing.”

No, they don’t. I’ve never seen dealers even ignore USAA before, like Dodge has. Something has definitely changed in the last few years.

I’ve broaden my search to other states. I have one dealer here I’m counting on (it is a demo) but other than that, I might consider out of state swapalease.

scat
noun (1)

: an animal fecal dropping

I’m sure that’s not what Dodge intended, but it’s all I can think when I see talk of the Scat Pack.

Scat pack:
An effective marketing campaign that Dodge used in the late 60’s and early 70’s to promote their line-up of performance optioned cars. Most notably the Super Bee, Charger R/T, Coronet R/T, and the Dart GTS or Swinger. These cars were readily identifyable by the “bumblebee” stripe wrapped around the back end of the car.

but yeah kinda a funny name, thats why I have a hellcat :stuck_out_tongue:

Really weirdly named. It doesn’t bug me too much though.

Hoping to hear back from a list of dealers tomorrow. If not, I might pursue Swapalease or reach out to Ben on here.

Unfortunately these “horrible” quotes your getting are right inline with what the market is willing to pay. Pair that with lower 2018 inventory and it takes the chances of a hackr deal away. Chip at that Daytona deal as that not to bad to start even tho it’s a loaner right? Or idk where your located but pursue dealers that now have multiple feet of snow on the ground. Let us know how it goes!

Swapalease isn’t a bad idea either, especially if your willing to travel/ship the car.

Glad i snagged my Scat Pack end of July the pricing is pretty crappy for them now that’s to be expected it’s almost end of year lower number of units available lower RV. People may have to wait until next year when FCA really want’s to move the cars and opens up the better incentives.

Dealer set me numbers for a 19 Scat… Mid 4s. Going to go see it.

If not, I’ll Swapalease

Dealer lied. Bait and switch. Said the car was 800 and tried to put me into a lesser model RT.

Never had this luck before.

Anyone had any luck!? I’m getting high 5s and 6s over here.