12 month Lease socal

something bigger (2 kids and a dog)

That is a terrible deal.

Would love to hear what OP has to say.

SUV or sedan?

Go lease a Honda passport. In a year, sell out the lease.

2 Likes

My experience with lease transfers was that it can take longer than expected. If you need something ASAP, it may not work for you. As others have said, just get a 36 month lease and get rid of it in a year when you are done with the car.

It’s not hard to get rid of a lease, but some leased cars may be easier to sell to a place like carmax than others. Some of the banks make buyouts difficult.

Use one of the brokers on this site, you are getting hosed on your own.

2 Likes

Maybe you can find the best 36 months lease and drive if for 12 months. After 12 months you can sell it to 3rd party if there’s equity or even at a loss it may still be better than paying for a 12 month lease. As other’s have suggest, you can also do a lease swap after 12 months.

*Read the VW contracts on buyouts and lease swaps.

2 Likes

How about a Toyota SUV like Highlander or Venza? I’m not sure if Toyota is good for buyouts later, but if it is you should look at what @Cody_Carter has available. Seems to be very straight-forward pricing with him.

1 Like

Toyotas are good candidates if the lease is through TFS. Not so much if the lease is done through ally/usbank.

3 Likes

Let’s see what May brings but +1 on Passport or Highlander.

1 Like

Passport, Pilot, Highlander or… minivan (seriously).

There really aren’t any stellar deals on minivans right now. You’ll pay $100 more per month on a sienna than a comparably equipped highlander, for example.

Realistic question: Why are you stuck on leasing so badly? What is preventing you from purchasing a vehicle (new or used) that you sell in a year?

2 Likes

We are open to that too.

That’s probably the way to go. I would forget leasing and purchase a mid-size SUV, preferrably a Honda or Toyota that you can sell in 12 months and get a good chunk back.

2 Likes

Normally I would say go used, but it seems like at this point you’re better off seeking out a deeply discounted 2020 or perhaps 2021.

My only qualm with that plan is the up front sales tax as I said. I think OP would come out better leasing - assuming incentives are the same as for purchase.

In CA taxes are killer. Paying based on the full value of the car may make leasing a brand new car more appealing than dealing with buying any used car safe enough for a family. Safety features have come a long way in the past few years.

OP didn’t seem to be pinching every penny. I think the best value in the short term for somebody willing to pay $$$ for a teenager’s starter-car (Jetta) is a great deal on a new honda/toyota lease.

Nobody mentioned care by volvo. A monthly lease subscription program. Can cancel after 4 months up to 24.

Unless something changed

Porsche Drive is an option though

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.