12.5%/24.0% (Pre/Post-Incentive) off a New 2020 LS 500 (Not a Lease)

Thanks Michael! Didn’t think that a non-lease deal would get much attention, but I am glad to have helped some people start their hunt for a LS.

I might be a bit biased now, but I would probably still go for the Lexus. If not for the comfort, it would be for the brand image of reliability.

At that point, why not just finance the vehicle?

Doesn’t seem like a balloon payment is doing much at all.

This is ok ~~ Not sure where these are right now.

We paid 63k after rebates on a 87k msrp in 2018 on a 2018.

1 Like

At least your dealer saw the numbers on the wall and decided to get that unit out.
There are some dealers with 2018-19 LS coming up on their 1-2 year anniversary (sidenote do they serve cake for those unit anniversaries)

Congrats and enjoy!

When putting together this deal, I was reading the older LS threads on LH just to get an idea of where I should be. In comparison to now, I can definitely say that the discounts on the LS have certainly changed. True Market Value (location-based) is around $4,500-$5,500 pre-incentive for these cars. Not sure if rebates decreased or dealers are no longer willing to put that much discount on the cars, but I don’t think it was my negotiation skills :laughing:.

Still, I think it is a good data point to reflect the LS in 2020. Either way, it is a lot of money for such a quality vehicle.

These cars are bulletproof and will last over 20 years – Nothing to worry about - I had a 2001 LS that rode better than many 2020 models and was very very comfortable.

1 Like

This model, at least with the rims we have is a much rougher ride than our 2007. Additionally, I hate the engine/transmission setup

My one gripe about the car is I wish they stayed with the V8 and transmission from the older LS cars. Very reliable setup and well-designed for a big luxury sedan. Otherwise, it is a great car.

1 Like

I have a 2018 500h hybrid. It feels dated and I have every option on it available.

HI Volvo, what is the Pre-incentive discount: $9,710 (~12.5%) is that dealer discount?

Thank You

It was. 1010

Fyi, changes in the upcoming 2021 LS500: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34635734/2021-lexus-ls500-priced/.

A few highlights of the 2021 model:

• $550 price increase over the base 2020 model
  • New headlights and taillights
  • 12.3 inch touchscreen display with Apple Carplay and Android Auto
  • Improved suspension and chassis
  • Larger diameter front and rear anti-roll bars

@volvo1’s posted deal on this 2020 LS looks solid. Someone should snatch it up, if it is still available.

1 Like

Very interesting. I did consider those things when I was looking at the LS. The problem was that the discounts are going to be nowhere near what can be had on the 2020 model, so a new headlight and taillight design and Apple CarPlay was not worth it to me.

2 Likes