[1/12/19 UPDATE] 2018 Jeep GC needs entirely new transmission. Dealer says Chrysler won’t have part for at least 2 weeks. What are my Lemon Law options? (NJ)

, ,

Please landfill this. Cory Schneider getting a fat contract and then mailing it in isn’t LH-worthy :wink:

1 Like

I called FCA a week or so ago to open a case. Case Mgr said she’d elevate it and try to expedite the part. I got a call yesterday that the part arrived at the dealership (We were originally told not to expect it before 12/28). She was very nice and understanding. Like I said before, if this part is installed and works without further issue, and they cover this month’s lease payment, I’ll be satisfied.

Sounds like he needs introduced to www.contracthackr.com

Hi all,

Just to update, the dealer replaced the tranny with a brand new one and returned the car on 12/31. The car now works great and the acceleration is even better than when I first leased it lol.

Jeep customer care was surprisingly communicative, attentive and accommodating to the situation, and despite the car being in then shop 3 weeks, they’re sending us a check for 2 full monthly payments! Very satisfied with FCA customer service!

This is yet another instance where putting nothing DAS is advantageous. Had we put down cash to lower the MP, our reimbursement would have been that much less. Very glad we rolled in all the payments at signing.

1 Like

Not saying that you shouldn’t do 0 das. However, in pretty much all cases they also refund the initial payment (unless they give you a new car, where it would be 0 das)

Great outcome and good point about putting money down. If the interest is low enough I prefer to roll in almost everything because if you do pull ahead more is waived.

1 Like

I think I’m misunderstanding… if I had paid cash DAS to lower the MP, I’d be getting less reimbursement now, right? They’re giving 2 MPs so if it was lower in the bill, id be getting less…

Nevermind… I see what you are saying, but you’d benefit from the lower payment for longer.

Another quick update: got the check this week for 2 monthly payments. Car still works great (maybe even better than the 2nd GC we have!)

1 Like

Good to hear a good customer service story for once.

1 Like

Especially from FCA!