Worst leases you've seen

Well, I would hope you would be driving any car very carefully. Who wants to get into an accident regardless of money down on a lease?

1 Like

Well I’m kinda bored of my current car and I’ve got GAP so why not. Plus it’s LA. It’s just a matter of time until I’m rear ended on the i10 anyway.

2 Likes

You still don’t understand what’s happening here… do you?

I think that was due to bad judgment…all the way around. For $16k you could buy a new jetta outright, and be allot better off.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some great posts for deals on Jaguar Sportbrakes. So, I decided to see if there was a deal to be had… Below is what I found from one dealer…

1 Like

Ha! Maybe they think it’s like wine, gets better with age :wine_glass:

1 Like

Did you show them samples of other Sportbrake offers? Maybe it’s a west coast thing. The good deals appear to be on the east coast.

1 Like

I didn’t. I spoke to a dealer in NY and they said $25k off is no problem. They said they can even lease it with a 43% residual on a 33 month/12k. All in all a horrific car deal.

25% off with dealer cash or not? If with with dealercash, it’s pretty bad discount.
Without I think you can push them a little bit more, depends on the MSRP of the car…

How much is dealer cash?

8000 10 chars!

Figured I’d post this quote on her since it was one of the worst I’ve gotten. 2018 Jaguar XE 47,400 MSRP.

dat residual…

https://www.amazonleasing.com/auto-detail.php?id=7784&v=2014-McLaren-P1

anyone

4 Likes

So $200k down and $20k per month. Damn. That’s big living, now.

1 Like

It is awesome considering it is 8 miles per month! It comes out to be around $2,800 per mile for the 60 month lease or ~$5,073 per mile for the 24 month lease.

Basically if you move the car from the garage door to its end (~5m), you are paying around $15! so much fun to calculate these!

6 Likes

Daaaaaaaaaaamn. I overlooked that part. So I guess this is for someone who needs an exquisitely crafted paperweight.

1 Like

How on earth do you even calculate residual on a P1? This article is a couple of years old, but this one (which might even be the car in question?) Has 7500 miles on it and was asking 2 million. It Appreciated around 850k LOL. Technically they should pay YOU to drive it.

https://carbuzz.com/news/is-this-the-highest-mileage-mclaren-p1-for-sale-right-now

There is no way to calculate depreciation on these cars. It’s all abstract numbers pulled out of thing air.

Saw a Pagani Huarya for lease with 250k down and 26k a month for almost 5 years.

Is this whole website some kind of joke? All the “lease specials” are just flat out ridiculous. 2014 G63 with selling price of 81k for total lease price of 70K for 5 years at 5k miles per year. I’d rather give my money to a nigerian prince.