Why do people get censored?

You can check my history. I have read tons of posts over several months. Allow me to clarify. Dissent over opinions pertaining to cars is fine. This was directed to the way threads are moderated and I was removed rather than someone having a pertinent response such as what you are doing.

It got moved where? Into someone else’s thread, correct?

Regardless my reply was to a comment another user made and was not off topic. I understand the need to moderate the forum. Their are trolls all over. However this post was not trolling or off topic and was moved because the person moving it did not like what I had to say. That is censorship.

You are making all these complaints and it isn’t even valid. @RJain made 2 exact posts (one was a new thread and one was a post in the other broker’s thread). His post in the other broker’s thread (along with the 3 replies) were moved into the landfill, then merged into his original thread.

1 Like

You are completely missing my point. I am not defending @RJain. I see what you are saying I was mistaken as to what I thought had occurred to him. However my original point which is what I stated form the beginning is my post was on topic and was removed simply because someone didn’t like what I had to say. I have never been on a site where random users can just move and delete anyone’s posts because they don’t like them.

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT. How is your point on-topic? I don’t see it taking about a QX60.

2 Likes

It was answering a question asked on the thread, which happens all the time.

That’s exactly why it was moved. Irrelevant on all fronts.

I’m not sure how you can say you were mistaken and on topic at the same time.

Lemme get this straight… Your post was CLEARLY MOVED to a different part of the SAME GENERAL FORUM, and you are complaining about censorship? Get over yourself and get a life.

2 Likes

We try to be as hands off as we can, only moving things that are truly off topic or in the wrong place.

My personal experience is that the moderation of leasehackr is far less intensive than any other board I participate on where there is zero latitude for off topic discussion. We give folks here a lot of room before we lean in.

That said, we will never make everyone happy. We do our best.

5 Likes

It was moved to the off topic dumping ground. Not to the same general forum.
Why would you use ad hominem attacks? I am trying to have a civil discussion no need for your condescension especially when you have your facts wrong.

That’s a valid point. I can be more careful in the future.However I believe my point is valid. My main area of contention is how is it decided who gets the power to move and delete posts?

See moderation guidelines.

1 Like

Understood and I appreciate your feedback. Perhaps a note to the person who was moved or deleted, even if it’s some kind of form letter so we can learn why the post was moved?

Some of us do that occasionally, but understand that we all do this with spare time. We aren’t being paid. So usually we don’t send private messages because most of the time what we move is self-explanatory.

4 Likes

One last thing, it’s not a personal vendetta against anyone. It’s just to keep things moving smoothly.

The trusted hacker group will move posts of other trusted hackers if it’s off topic or in the wrong place. Ask me how I know.

1 Like

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to engage in a productive manner.

First of all, look up “ad hominem” so that you use it correctly.

Secondly, stop being a brat (that would be an ad hominem attack).

If you really want to get into theoretical discussions of debate, your use of hyperbole completely weakens your argument. You’re talking about getting “banished to the goulag” on an internet forum (including taking screencaps), when there’s real tragedy going on in the world right now? Seriously, there are more important things to worry about. ::shrug::

This thread is off topic. Can we lock it down?

1 Like

I agree. I think we’ve successfully addressed OPs concerns. Please feel free to message me or one of the Trusted Hackrs if you have further concerns, @CapsCup2018.

Thanks!

1 Like