Volvo S90 T8 Discount

I am negotiating on a S90 T8 Inscription and wanted to know what is a realistic discount I should aim for before any eligible rebates. I am in N.Cali but can drive to S.Cali to work with a dealer. There are couple of threads but they older.

I’m stopping into the Volvo dealership tomorrow to work out an S90 T6 lease. I’ll try to get some information on the T8. I’m also interested but it sounds like the T8 lacks many of the incentives.
Any idea what the current incentives are for the T8?

The RV kills it, even with incentives.

1 Like

Volvo dropped around $5k in incentives this month from last month. T6 is the way to go.

1 Like

@MDR Have been trying to negotiate a lease on a S90 T6 Momentum and they won’t even come close to the deals posted here.

Have you done some pre-negotiations?

Not to thread hijack. We can move it to PM.

Yes, verbally confirmed with dealer. I’ll share when finalized.

1 Like

So far, I have not been able to get any discount off of the T8. They are selling at MSRP. However they said that I get the 5002 in government credit, about 7200 in lease credit. Almost 12K of you combine these. I think I might qualify for A-Plan so another 1500.

But no discount off of MSRP before applicable rebates/incentives.

That’s what they tell you. Just do a quick search on cars.com and see advertised selling prices.

Volvo has pulled the a-plan bonus for the T8.

Damn! did not know that.

As for Cars.com, the few that are discounted, the amounts are exactly the same as the incentive. So I am guessing it’s one of those bait and switch deals where they are selling at MSRP and just factoring the incentive in the posted price.

I see some at $7.5K off. Don’t know your local Volvo cash, but if it’s less than $2.5K then there is at least some discount. But in any case - there is no such thing as Volvo at MSRP.

Don’t know where you got this info from. I don’t see T8 exclusion.

He is correct. On the A plan website it no longer lists the extra 3k bonus on the T8. Still get the 6% discount but not the extra 3k.

1 Like

So going back to my original question, what should I ask for in terms of a discount off of MSRP before any incentive knowing that MSRP will not work? 5%, 10%, etc?

10-12%

Is there a reason you’re set on the T8 over the T6? It’ll save you a lot of money.

I need the carpool sticker.

In that case, perhaps you can find a demo T8 and shoot for 15-20% discount before incentives.

I believe you are talking about the federal tax rebate, this credit goes to mfg when leasing a vehicle.
As reported here:

https://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/the-ins-and-outs-of-electric-vehicle-tax-credits.html

However you are entitled to the $1500 California rebate. Also look into incentives from your utility companies this will vary by provider.

Volvo is passing that to the customer in form of cash (from what 2 different dealers told me)

1 Like