Trying for sub-$400 2017 Volvo S90

Congrats! I’d take an S90 in a second if I could get that kind of deal.

Very nice! I knew that they would throw some additional cash out at the end of this month again and glad to see you were able to take full advantage of it. It’s almost a fun negotiation when you have all the information and can show you should be getting the payment you want. I really like that color combo but could never make it work with kids. Post some pics when you pick it up!

Congrats edmcman that’s a great deal!

Thx. If you live anywhere near Georgia that Inscription that @cheapdad00 found is a pretty good deal.

Will definitely post pics when I get it. I can’t wait to pick it up :slight_smile:

I definitely feel a sense of accomplishment, and at times the process was fun. At other times, the process It was very stressful because I didn’t have a solid backup deal most of the time. So every time there was a slight hiccup in the process I got nervous. The worst was when the new sales manager started trying to negotiate the price of the car again. I was on pins and needles waiting for his replies for a day or two.

My wife’s lease is up in nine months, and I’m looking forward to working on that. I won’t be as emotionally invested, so hopefully it will be a little less stressful.

If it’s not stressful then the guys at the dealership are not doing their job correctly :joy::rofl:

Once I get my deal set with a quote sheet and all of the numbers (i.e. cap cost, MF, acquisition cost, RV, etc) confirmed and head into the dealership are there any F&I shenanigans that I should expect.

I’ve read that dealers will try to get me to purchase extended warranty coverage and protection for excessive wear and tear. Are there any other Volvo F&I products to be wary of?

They two they might come at you with are the “wheel and tire protection” and “wear and tear” package. I’m not sure of the costs or the actual specifics of the programs but some people here have gotten them. I guess it really comes down to how hard you are on cars and if you want that “insurance”. I think Mercedes let’s you actually tie it in the lease so you only pay the residual amount but no idea how volvo does it.

I personally have never gotten it and have never had an issue with turning in a lease. Although I now have little kids and they terrorized my suv but nothing that would cause any abnormal damage I’d think.

Congrats on the deal! Did you sign it in NC?
I am shopping around for S90 in NJ but few dealerships just said the Elite bonus is 3k and never heard of it being 4k.

Thanks! I sign tomorrow in MD.

That’s weird regarding the Elite bonus. No idea what’s going on there. My dealer claims it was 4K since Thanksgiving, and that it is 4K through the end of the year. It sounds like @Coonies19 has also been getting 4K? Do your NJ dealers know about the $500 holiday bonus?

Can you PM me which dealer? May need for next December :slight_smile:

Yes, they do.
Curious if any NJ dealer ever heard of 4K Elite bonus :slight_smile:

Sure. 20202020202020

You could always try calling Volvo’s A-plan customer support number and see what they have to say. Although I’m going to guess they will tell you to check with the dealer. And/or try calling a dealer in the PA area and ask them to confirm it and see if they would send you a quote with it saying that on it?

Grateful if you can PM dealer info to me too :slight_smile:

I’ve received the $4k quote from 3 dealers but I am in MD

I’m pretty sure that A-plan deals are not regional as it’s a national program with companies that have offices all over the US. I couldn’t possibly see them making a regional incentive.

Called A-Plan support last month end when people were reporting 4K Elite Bonus but the support just said whatever information was on a-plan info page it’s up-to-date and it surely was showing just 3k.
Thanks for the advise of getting a quote from PA dealer. That may help to make NJ dealers consider the updated bonus amount!

As far as I know, MBFS allows residualization of their maintenance packages, not the wear&tear or tire&wheel packages.

Quick question for all: On one of the lease worksheets I have seen from a dealer they have cap fees listed as one of the line items in the capitalization section…what exactly does this refer to? On one potential deal the cap fees listed at 381.00.