Trying for sub-$400 2017 Volvo S90

I agree but it is not always easy to even start a negotiation if you don’t divulge such information, at least from my experience. For me, it is either they are willing to do or not. so I just give them my desired price (or a bit 1-2% less) counting all the incentives and rebates.

Things have changed a lot in the past 4-5 years re email negotiations. They know about “us”

Agreed, more to the point of find someone to negotiate with via email in the first wave of price getting.

So I asked my original dealer (the one who was going to “software upgrade” Android Auto in) for a quote on one of their 2018 S90s, thinking that they might want to keep my business. $0 dealer discount. I guess not…

What trim level are you looking at? The T8’s incentives are a bit different then the T6 and T5.

If you haven’t yet I’d highly recommend finding out if you can take advantage of the A-plan program.

I am looking at the 2018 or 2017 T6 AWD Inscription. How do you find out if you are eligible for the A plan? Is it as simple as emailing Volvo from your work address to see if you company is eligible? If my employer isn’t eligible is there any other way to qualify for the A-Plan (other than being having a relative work for Volvo?)

Are most of the great deals that people are getting on the s90 on the Momentum?

I went in to my local dealer for a test drive and they found my employer was in A-Plan. I would imagine that emailing Volvo works fine too. There is supposedly an equivalent incentive from truecar (look around the forum). Before I knew I had A-Plan, I tried to get this but I couldn’t get it to work. Anyway, definitely see if you have A-Plan first. My company’s internal website didn’t mention it at all but we had it.

This thread has the lease parameters for both 2017 and 2018 S90s. It’s easy to see in the 2018 numbers that they offer lower MF to offset trims that have lower RV. @cheapdad00 pointed out there’s a sweet spot at 24 months for the 2018 Inscription. The other thing that is important is the HSE allowance. FWDs have lower FSE incentives than AWDs ($2,750 vs $4,500), so you might as well go for AWD… it’s basically free! The lease incentive is also $5,500 for 2017 vs $4,250 for 2018. Beyond that, it’s a matter of which trims you can afford and how many cars there are. I might be able to afford an Inscription that is heavily discounted, but I would need to be around $60K MSRP, and I haven’t seen many 2017s Inscriptions at that price.

1 Like

Finally had time to read some of the recent threads and I was able to get qualified for the A-Plan since my wife’s company is in it. Goal is to at least shoot for the following:

Volvo S90 2018 T6 AWD Inscription
MSRP = $64,045
Selling Price = $57,640 (10% off)
Rebates = 11,750 (4500 HSE, 4250 Lease Cash, A Plan elite 3000)
MSD = 0
MF = .00022
Term = 24/10 (54% residual)
Payment = $489.00, 518 w/tax
Tax = 6%

Obviously I am shooting for more but this seems doable given what I have read…let me know if someone see’s room for improvement.

Looks reasonable to me. Congrats on finding A-Plan! I think @cheapdad00 and/or @DNJA have found 2018 discounts at 10%. I’ve been focusing mainly on 2017.

You can probably squeeze more of a discount from MSRP and if you can, you should utilize the MSD program to lower the.

I am currently at 9% off MSRP with one dealer and in email discussions with a few others. One other dealer says her 8% off is $1500 below invoice which I now know is untrue thanks to this forum. Let me know if you have additional advice on how to get to 10-12% off.

Is the acquisition fee supposed to be $695?

I just asked my original dealer for 10% off MSRP on a 2018 T5 Momentum, and they agreed. Also based on the quote they gave me they must be including most/all of the fees in that price. You are on the east coast, right? I can PM dealer to you if you want. They have a 3 2018 Inscriptions, all around $67K MSRP.

Yeah that would be great. Thx for the lead. I am in Maryland.

Check out Don Beyer also. They have 3 2018 inscriptions and 4 2017(some are demo/loaners or just punched)

Damn. So my 14% deal is disappearing. I was waiting a few days on a formal quote, and eventually called the dealer, and the sales manager is no longer there. I sent the emails I had to the interim sales manager, and he basically tried to restart negotiation at 10%. This sucks.

Sorry to hear that, time to move to plan B. On the positive side, I think you have found a new strategy. Find a sales manager who is leaving the dealer after the month, petition them for an amazing, never again achievable deal that they will approve because they no longer care about dealer profitability… :slight_smile:

Lol. I pushed back a bit and new sales manager is trying to clear original price with gm.

That does suck. The skeptic in me thinks they put that sales manager in witness protection because of the deal he gave you but I guess its possible he left the dealership.

Good luck hope it works out

They say they are going to honor it. Hurray!!

Hello,

I’m been following this thread with great interest, and I"m hoping someone can help debug my math. I’m trying for a 2018 S90 T6 Momentum, for 39 months and 10k miles. Here’s what I’m calculating

And running this through the calculator I get this

AS a complete newbie (never leased before) Am I making some sort of elementary error here? Without MSDs or anything else, it seems like this would end up ~461 (after 1k of acq fee and doc fee to drive off) - is this something reasonable to discuss with a dealer? Are the incentives (HSE lease cash etc. ) stackable as I have shown?

A couple of things to look for:

• Lease loyalty is only $500, $1000 is for purchases.
  • Your MF is high, I think buy rate on T6 MOM is .0008
  • A plan doesn’t limit your discount from MSRP to 6%, many dealers will go lower. Shoot for 10% off.
  • if you insist on a straight A plan deal, look at the inscription as the MF is much lower and there is a sweet spot at 24 months for RV.

Good luck. If you are struggling with negotiating and are in Tri-state area, reach out to @nyclife to broker a Volvo deal for you.