Trying for sub-$400 2017 Volvo S90

He needs more time to even understand how this whole thing works. Even a week may not be enough for him, so he should start process ASAP.

Yes and no. I think if he needs time to understand the lease process and negotiation tactics he certainly should be asking questions and get engaged here. But if you’ve done your homework, it should be rather easy engaging a dealer, simply presenting your offer for a specific car. You have A, I want to pay B and XYZ is the breakdown. Every dealer I was talking to changed their story with a few days left in the month, but, that was last month and this month is a whole new game.

Look, you’ve been trying to lease S90 for months and he’s just starting and only has one week to get end of year deal. See my point? Besides, I don’t believe you have to wait until last day unless you hope to save extra $2-5/mo. Dealers will make a deal now.

Actually I got my S90 last month on Nov 29th :grin::+1: I’m toying with the idea of a V90 or XC90 now.

If you say that someone should be starting ASAP I’m not going to defend he shouldn’t, just sharing my experience and thoughts. If it was $5 or $10 I wouldn’t say anything but they dropped the price ~$30 a month. Even that in the grand scheme of things isn’t that much in for a 30 month lease (~$900). But I was able to get a new set of golf clubs and convinced the wife that’s were the savings went. And trust me not hearing any grief from her about another golf purchase was priceless.:hugs:

Thanks @cheapdad00 - will go through the edmunds forum (have asked the q there) - I agree with both @DNJA and @Ursus :smile: will start now, and work through the end of the year - and can hopefully close the gap in the upcoming 1 week.

There is also a thread on this forum with all numbers for 2017 and 2018 s90. 2018 Volvo S90 MF & RV - POSTED

Exactly, you have plenty vs. zero :wink: Also, not everyone gets hacker deal, but close enough is good enough.

What are your thoughts on this potential deal:

T6 Inscription AWD includes most options… convenience package, B&W stereo, etc

$66,540
-6540 dealer discount
-4500 HSE
-4250 Lease cash
-3000 A-plan
Purchase price: $48k

Lease terms: 24mo/12k
MF: .00022
RV: 53
Acquisition fee $895
Doc Fee 300

It’s Maryland so the tax is on the total purchase price.

We think A plan is now 4000, confirm with your dealer. Since MD is a full tax state, you might look at a longer lease term over which to amortize your taxes. ~10% is a decent discount on a 2018, but you could push for more, maybe to offset the taxes.

Does MD do tax waivers like Texas does?

I didn’t know this until recently, but you pay sales tax based on the state in which you are titling/tagging. So for example I am buying a car from a dealership from Maryland, but they are charging me Pennsylvania sales tax. If you live in Maryland, never mind :slight_smile:

Like @cheapdad00 said, plus do 4 MSDs. And there is marked up aquisition fee by $200, but I wouldn’t fight over it.

Appreciate the insight. How much are each of the MSD’s? I’ll check on the A-plan to see if there’s more there…I’m hoping that as the final week closes in the dealers will continue to move on the discount.

Your monthly payment rounded up to the next $50.

When did you hear that A-plan had increased again or are you saying it’s what Volvo has been doing?

@edmcman had it confirmed from a dealer with whom he was working. About 20 posts up.

That sales person is most likely wrong. They claimed it’s valid from 11/22 - 12/31.

Yeah, or it’s some kind of regional thing. This was from the sales manager. I’ll try to find out more from him. But he seemed pretty confident that it should be there on this deal. Hopefully this sales manager doesn’t go missing too for this LOL

"sphereman

For me I would choose a 2017 as these are made in Sweden. 2018’s are made in China."

I heard that you will be hungry a hour after driving the 2018s

See @Jon’s post. For calculations - each MSD reduces MF by 0.00005

I’ve been so incredibly focused on getting a 2018 that I ignored the 2017 Inscription until I came across one today. Are these the available incentives on the 2017 T6 Inscription:

$4500 HSE, $5500 Lease Cash, 500 Holiday Cash? APLAN $4k?