To BMW 3 / 4 series lessees, how long do your tires last?

Hi guys,

I just broke 15k miles in my BMW 330e which I leased last October. It had around 4800 miles when I leased it. I had it in for warranty work last week, and my SA pointed out that my rear tires are almost completely worn. Even though it was a ex loaner, the tires looked good when I signed the lease, and I was expecting to get to at least 25k miles before replacing the tires. I also don’t drive very aggresively, in my unbiased opinion. :rofl:

How have your tires been wearing?

1 Like

Are they sport summer tires? The good news is Costco is having a sale this week with free installation!

Not a BMW, but I had Conti Pro on S60 that were dead after 20k (and probably even a couple of thousand miles before). So, I guess it’s more about tires.

1 Like

Yep, gonna depend on what tires you have. Sport performance tires are going to wear much faster.

They’re ContiPro Contact SSR run flats, so @Ursus you’re probably right, they’re just bad tires… @Jesuscookies @steevo I actually plan to put on Michelin Pilot AS3+, it has a treadlife warranty of 6yr/45,000 miles so I should be good till the end of the lease hopefully. I’m waiting for Costco to have free install + their $70 off Michelin tires sale

I cant recall exactly, but I think it was Pirelli P-Zero’s or P-Rossi’s? I had on my 540, and they were completely shot in under 15K miles. Abysmal…

Leases have different needs, but I would never normally recommend continental tires. Pay a little more and get Michelin, it’s worth getting twice the tire life and not having to deal with sidewall bubbles at the drop of a hat.

ContiPro come as OEM, no one buys them.

I’m just sayin’ don’t get duped into buying another set of Contis if you’ve gonna have the car for more than another 5-10k miles.

After having them and looking at their reviews - no way anyone would buy them. Michelins are the way to go.

1 Like

These are the same tires I have on my 330e

I have the 18” sport wheels. Now I know I definitely need to replace.

Thank heavens for a 24 month lease term!

Mine where 17" and not even run flats :slightly_smiling_face:

My 330e, leased new, came with Michelin tires on the base 17" wheels from the factory. I’m at 23,000 miles and still have quite a bit of tread depth left, but I run winter tires for 5 - 6 months each year. Just remember, when you return the car at lease end, it MUST have run-flat tires.

I wouldn’t call ContiPro’s bad tires. They wear quick though, and I wouldn’t replace my tires with them as a result.

How does that not make them bad tires if they don’t last advertised minimum? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

They’re a softer rubber compound. I’ve never heard them squeal, and i’ve never slipped while using them. Reviews of them are generally good. Softer rubber = better traction + performance, but you lose longevity.

I’ve had them as OEM on the last 2 cars. And I never believe that Mfr warranty claim. If I get 2.5 years and 24k out of a set of OEM tires, I’ve done good. Yes, I rotate, align, check air, etc… Roads around here just suck, and I don’t necessarily drive like Grandma on Sunday either.

Daangg…I feel retarded now for buying the same tires as OEM for all my cars :confused:

I thought manufacturer knows best?

But I have the exact same problem as OP, got an exloaner 330e with 4500 miles and at 10k service they told me i’d need tires in the next 6-8 months. At 13k miles now, and will need replacing soon.

FWIW, my wife’s car (an X1, not a 3/4er) is looking like the tires won’t last more than 20k miles. She has the Pirelli RFTs and right now at 17k miles they are 4 in the front and 5 in the rear. Summers are fairly dry in the PNW, so I should be able to get another few months out of them and replace them before rainy season starts.

If they wear much quicker than advertised, they’re bad tires. On previous cars, I’ve had different kinds of Michelin(and one set of Bridgestone I think) tires, and they’ve all lasted longer than advertised.

These were mine. tell me they are good :slight_smile:

CONTIPROCONTACT - SIZE: 235/45R17