The 1% unicorn...help

You’re an instigator, you know that?!? :slightly_smiling_face:

That poll was done last year. Since then, I’ve opened my eyes and changed my tune on the “1% rule”

paying msrp and getting 1% of that as a payment is not going to happen. A decent discount goes hand-in-hand with a low payment.

And simply looking at a single number, such as discount, is short-sighted.Getting an extra 1% discount is pointless if I have to pay a $1000 doc fee. As much as folks like to say “don’t be a payment buyer,” we are all payment buyers in the end. Looking at it a different way does not change the result.

You absolutely need to be a payment buyer, it’s just a question of how you get to the payment. If you do it their way, forget about it. If you work backwards, you might be onto something.

Just the facts checker LOL

I did, and if you look back even farther, I am sure you can find a thread that you closed where I specifically inquired about what the 1% rule is. This is a learning process and people’s understanding will change over time.

The number is not helpful if you are trying to crack the best deal possible, it is, for lack of a better description, an imaginary number.

1 Like

I wasn’t talking about you. Read above :slight_smile:
There is a bug, I think. It does not not show who you reply to when replying to the last post in the thread.
It was for mp11477.

I know, I was talking about you :wink:

Check out the last 3 votes lol!

I changed mine when he called me out :bear:

I wonder if grumpy bear is as grumpy IRL? :hugs:

I did too, forgot about that thread.