Tesla bankruptcy?

Hope so. They’re good for the industry and the direction theyre trying to force everyone I think is beneficial for all. But Elon can be such a jackass, so I’m hesitant to say a week early earnings call points to anything significant.

1 Like

I would think, with monies coming due here very soon, the bigger focus would be on TSLAs cash flow position. Musk keeps claiming he’s going to be cash flow positive over the next 2 quarters and doesn’t need to raise any capital, and had only 2.2billion sitting in the bank at the end of Q2. Being “close” to posting a profit doesn’t sound good for the overall cash position at this point, with 230 Million due in November, 920 Million due in March, ongoing R+D with the Model Y, daily operations, money burned in Q3, etc…

Fully agree. They’re reaching critical mass across a service and also supercharging position, which is beginning to pick up steam across current adopters. I’m curious if this reverberates loud enough to impact projections.

I will say their rollout of the MR dual motor awd last week or the week before was smart. As was the lower price points for the remaining models.

My thinking is this was a strategic move, as the higher margin cars start to lose steam (not everyone wants the fully loaded Model 3), in hopes volume will increase for those waiting for the 35k model. I’m guessing there’s still a ton of people on the waiting list for the 35k vaporware model, so this was a compromise to hopefully push them into one with the full Fed tax rebate winding down at the end of Dec, keeping the lines humming.

It’s so hyped right now. Good chance not so good after earning (so called priced in).

Personal phone call from Tesla today, as I am on the waiting list. Another push to sell the mid range model before the $7500 fedbate goes away. He’s using a USA call center, not the Philippines!

So, what happens if you order now and they don’t deliver before Dec 31? Do you lose your deposit if you decide not to take delivery due to the tax rebate expiration?

It’ll definitely be interesting to see how Tesla handles those situations.

base model 3 plus drivers assistance pkg will be a hot seller. who doesn’t want self driving?

1 Like

I don’t. Am I being a bad boy?

Me. I like to drive

well guess i barked up the wrong tree :man_shrugging:

Don’t get me wrong - I’d love to have a Tesla at a reasonable price, bit don’t really care about autopilot. But do care about missing gauges in front of me.

Agree with both statements. I drove an Ion once with the gauges in the middle of the car as a rental…absolutely hated it (not that I’m comparing a 3 to an Ion, but the center stack concept is similar). I’d maybe consider a 3 with a good HUD, but even then, I think I’d prefer a traditional dashboard instrument cluster.

I do appreciate minimalism, which is what the model 3 provides. same way the TT and R8 only have a digital instrument cluster no secondary screen.

2018_audi_tt_coupe_dashboard

Sure, but I prefer comfort.

In your opinion who makes the most comfortable vehicle that you have owned/ driven? just curious.

I consider the instrument cluster in front of me as comfort also. Volvo is the most comfortable for me. Granted, I didn’t have many others, but test drove many.
BTW, that Audi looks great. I wouldn’t mind that at all.

I believe they are saying you “can” have a Model 3 delivered before the end of the year and qualify for the tax credit, but they aren’t “guaranteeing” anything.

Exactly, hence my question. I guess they are saying that you can still have your Model 3 and half of tax credit in January, but can’t get your deposit back.