Tesla bankruptcy?

So, you are saying that NOT most of Tesla drivers use autopilot (as intended or not)? Really?
Btw: I don’t hate Tesla and would gladly drive Model S, but not for its autopilot. It should supplement driver, not the other way which Musk promotes.

I’m saying I have no reason to believe more Tesla owners abuse or ignore the recommendations for their system than Volvo drivers or any other system.

I’m sure there are examples of natural selection in both camps.

just like there are people who want to pretend science isn’t real because it suits their “politics” (read as : tribe)

I wasn’t talking about that. I meant blindly relying on it. Same people, different marketing of similar systems.

Brain damage…

1 Like

Edmunds encountered multiple issues with their long term Model 3 recently as well. Not a very good update at all.
And Car and Driver also panned the Model 3 in their review published in their June issue. Making cars is tough.

And another fatal Autopilot incident?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Why field test your cars, when CR can do it for you…

There is no need now for the Federal Trade Commission to intervene in response to the gripes of those who put down $1,000 deposits for his alleged $35,000 Model 3 only to discover the fine print: Tesla is entitled to move them perennially to the end of the line in favor of customers who are willing to fork up for the fully loaded ($78,000) version.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-last-temptation-of-elon-musk-1527029093

illegal stuff too again.

Recognizing that salespeople don’t have time to explain all the new technology that cars offer today, from Bluetooth to advanced safety packages, dealers like Quirk Ford outside Boston are using teenagers to inform the customer after the sale has been made. General Manager Mike Quirk says he thought of using the group of 10 teenagers, called the Technology Team, after realizing that salespeople would rush through the process.

@vhooloo’s best friend Quirk :grin:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/advanced-features-make-cars-safer-but-theyre-slow-to-catch-on-1526911284

1 Like

I think by now, everyone understands why Tesla has to do this.

Tesla called out for deceptive and misleading advertising of “Autopilot”.

They read my recent post here LOL

Yup, I gave Mike Quirk that idea when I saw a gang of teens hanging outside the showroom vaping with their cellphones. I said hey- who better to explain tech to grandpa than teens who are born with iPhones and PS/4 consoles attached to them! Now all we need is a translator from the teen slang to English for Grandpa and we are all set.

3 Likes

Elon’s losing his sh!t. Lol

Elon Trump LOL…

2 peas in a pod.

1 Like

The Uber Technologies Inc. self-driving car involved in a fatal crash in Arizona identified an object on the road six seconds before impact and didn’t determine the need for emergency braking until nearly five seconds later, U.S. safety investigators said Thursday.

The calculation ultimately wasn’t acted on as the car’s built-in automatic emergency braking system was disabled and the safety operator responsible for performing such a maneuver didn’t apply the brakes until after the collision, the National Transportation Safety Board said in its preliminary report on the March 18 accident in Tempe, Ariz., near Phoenix

On the latest Consumer Reports “Talking Cars” podcast they describe a conf call with Musk following their latest report on the 3. It didn’t sound adversarial at all, there was no “fake news” BS. He promised to investigate the brake problem and fix it ASAP.

Maybe he (belatedly) realized that crying fake news about legit issues wasn’t working.